2018 Taco TRD Offroad

I like the tray and canopy setup like the Australian Utes. I wish they weren't so expensive, but when you think about what a GoFast camper costs, or an Alu-Cab canopy camper it is fairly comparable.

Tray and canopy will arrive December'ish so I want to start selling stuff now.

934310D5-7982-486E-AA03-17024FF60339.jpeg

That escalated quickly from “my rear bumper needs fixed” to “I’m gonna rip off the whole rear of my truck”. Greg does not mess around.

What’s the availability of those trays?
Everything’s a trade off. Even though we are switching to the GFC I know there’s gonna be issues we won’t like and things we will miss from the current set up. It’s all about getting the best fit with the least inconvenience.

How deep a rabbit hole is the tray system? Are there many additional mods that need to be done to accommodate its installation?

Sounds like somebody wants a flatbed.............

Nice set up. What awning do you have and how did it perform with the weather?
Darche 270. Did absolutely fine. One nit picking thing about it. The fringe where the side panels attached to. There's a seam up top where it forms a lip. Water will pool behind that seam instead of running off. This creates a depression that collects more water until it dumps. Then the cycle repeats.

This is most prevalent in the large center section since the arms are staggered in height in such a way that water flows to it. It's easily resolved with a small weight attached to a loop for guy line in the center between the poles.

In addition to the OEM wire harness.
  • Remove the sliders. They will interfere with the undertray storage boxes. They're CBI bolt on's so they'll be put up for sale.
  • Camper shell, FrontRunner rack, and internal frame molle panels to be sold as a single unit.
  • Rear bumper to be taken off and the OEM trailer hitch back on. Rear bumper up for sale.
  • I'll lose the inverter in the bed. Never used it anyway. Getting to it was a pain because of the camper shell and rear bumper. I may have a buyer for the bed already.
  • Reuse the solution I came up with for the backup camera for the canopy and tray.
  • Undo the breather relocation for the rear diff.
  • Remove the CB and HAM antennas. Also the flexible wire conduit I ran from the cab to the bed. Fill the hole with a rubber plug
All the wiring I added uses OEM plugs to create jumpers and taps rather than direct taps into the harness. Including the backup camera. I just have to unplug stuff to disconnect.

From what I've been reading. The tray system uses the existing bed mounts. Why reinvent the wheel? Assembly and wiring the system up takes the most labor.

I'm just getting the basic tray with storage. Not loading up with the drawer system and 40L undertray water tank.

If anyone is interested in the Mountain Hatch or anything else let me know. I started some basic disassembly this past weekend. I'll take parts off early if someone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom