Zam15's Adventure Build

I had Eric cut the legs off, then cut down to minimum and mounted over the rear axle, in front of the spare. Works great, but I do have a 5" lift.

Derek mount it in the side frame or under the bed above the spare tire. Will have to cut off the feet and use a SS band clamps like I did.

I had Eric cut the legs off, then cut down to minimum and mounted over the rear axle, in front of the spare. Works great, but I do have a 5" lift.

Thanks, I'll take note of those locations, think the Tundra or a Tacoma with 5" lift may have a little more space than mine, actually may have a gas tank going there so we'll see.

Thanks, I'll take note of those locations, think the Tundra or a Tacoma with 5" lift may have a little more space than mine, actually may have a gas tank going there so we'll see.

Only a misguided fool would put an auxiliary gas tank between the frame rails where the spare tire once resided. Ask me how I know... :D

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Best modification ever - doubled my fuel capacity.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

Did some fine tuning on the OBA, replaced ARB's splash filters with lines coming from the intake tube for cooler, drier and cleaner air. The unit is now completely sealed from the elements :snorkel:

Did some fine tuning on the OBA, replaced ARB's splash filters with lines coming from the intake tube for cooler, drier and cleaner air. The unit is now completely sealed from the elements :snorkel:

From the looks of your pictures i think you need to come install my system

Rear axle is getting prepped. Installing the ARB air locker and adding some differential armor. Everything is finally coming together.

Looks like you decided to link the rear end! Keep up the awesome work, I wish I had your attention to detail.

You've got about 4 weeks to have it ready for Baja!

Looks like you decided to link the rear end! Keep up the awesome work, I wish I had your attention to detail.

You've got about 4 weeks to have it ready for Baja!

Highly doubt that will happen, hope to get it in the fab shop in the next week or so. Last time it was there I did not get the truck back for three months :(

The setup should turn out similar to "Booger Weldz" rigs, although the current plan is to be a little more reserved on the lift and tire size due to it being a DD and Overland focused rig.... But this rear end should be able to handle up to 1000hp and up to 40" tires :Wow1: So room to grow or just a huge safety margin. This setup also leaves room for a Aux Fuel or water tank in the back along with my air tank next to the top link :)
DSCF4466.jpg

DSCF5838.jpg

DSCF6031.jpg

Only a misguided fool would put an auxiliary gas tank between the frame rails where the spare tire once resided. Ask me how I know... :D
Best modification ever - doubled my fuel capacity.

Looks like I'll have room! Torn between a water or fuel tank.... :(

Decided to check on how the truck is coming along. Everything is starting to get locked down, tolerances are super tight. Mounts have been beefed up even more, axle has been stuffed to make sure everything works perfectly.
Custom 18" coil overs are on order, and it looks like I'll have enough room for the air tank between to top link and the drive shift! I'll definitely need to get the besides on as the new axle is much wider and I'll need to cover and be able to stuff 35"s. I'm getting more excited as it comes along!

Enough room for some decent shocks now:
I

Beautiful work!

I was trying to figure out why you went with a Panhard bar rather than a triangulated 4 link...then I realized that there is no upper link on the driver side. Interesting set up for sure!

Unfortunately I have to keep the truck smog legal so that means stock tank in the stock location with everything in place. But with this setup it leaves space for a 2nd fuel/water tank and my air tank. So more space with this setup.

Last edited:
But the Axle still has the top link positions so if I ever want to switch it up it would not be that difficult.

So now it's time for the front end, more changes coming! Having some major maintenance, repairs, and upgrades going on! It's going to be a different truck by the time I get it back. :snorkel:
Ignore the growing pile of parts under the truck...
20160908_115001.jpg

Poor TRD axle, wish I could have kept you :( I'll miss the E-Locker
20160908_115453.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom