Yaesu FTM-400 install

JC Adventure

Adventurist
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG
I thought I would post some pictures of where I mounted my radio head on my 2014 Tacoma. I purchased a mirror riser from Bird Dawg ind. www.birddawgindustries.com.
Then mounted it using a ram mount. It's very clean and easy for me to use. The radio is mounted behind the passenger rear seat. I also mounted my Delorme Explorer on the drivers side pillar.
73's
JCadventure

How do you like that radio? I had it's predecessor, FTM-350AR, in my FJ and really liked it. I'm not so turned on by the size of the faceplate. It seems really large. Does it get in your way? I need a new radio for the Tundra and I am considering this one, Icom's ID-5100A or going all out on Yaesu's FT-857.

I'm not sure if this helps, but for a size comparison, this is the 400d next to a 5" Garmin Nuvi.

Also, for what it's worth, I've had the radio since around September of 2015. I do not use it to anywhere near it's capability, but it has worked very well so far.
I really like the built in APRS.

I'm not sure if this helps, but for a size comparison, this is the 400d next to a 5" Garmin Nuvi. Also, for what it's worth, I've had the radio since around September of 2015. I do not use it to anywhere near it's capability, but it has worked very well so far. I really like the built in APRS.

That's a perfect comparison. Thank you. The built-in APRS was one of the things I loved about the 350. HRO is 5 min from my house so I need to run by there and put my hands on one.

Back
Top Bottom