xfer case linkage, Dodge Ram

verdesard0g

Adventurist
I have seen more than one thread about the transfer case shift linkage problems with the rubber grommet so knowing the rubber looses it's elasticity (gets hard) as it ages and my truck is 12 years old I decided to do something about it before it starts to fall off.

Two standard heim joints with 3/8 24 male threads, 4 washers, 2 3/8" nuts, 2 3/8 24 nylock nuts and one rod with 3/8 24 female threads on each end.
It would be best to measure the OEM linkage so that you can get the correct length rod. I got my joints and rod from McMaster Carr and the washers and nuts at Ace.

1291.jpg

The holes for the grommets are quite large, luckily both ends are the same. I cut a slice off of a nut to use as a spacer. The one on the transfer case needs to be a bit thinner than the one on the linkage handle.

2204.jpg

It is a lot tighter than the rubber mounted linkage and will take a bit of getting used to for smoother shifts.LOL

3155.jpg

I had a failure of the rubber grommet, easy fix, but this is permanent. Nicely done, I will be saving this idea

Back
Top Bottom