WTB Honda EU2000i Companion —> Bought, used, and thankful

ventura911

Adventurist
Anyone willing to part with one in good shape? My 2000 is too old to parallel with the newer 2200 Companion.

Thanks,
Kevin

Anyone willing to part with one in good shape? My 2000 is too old to parallel with the newer 2200 Companion.

Thanks,
Kevin

That's not exactly true. It's a feature of inverter generators that allow you to sync phases with other units. Beside the difference in plugs, as long as they're both generators that are outputing the same voltage and frequency, you can run them in parallel. Westinghouse does this, so does Sportsman. You can get these generators at Homedepot.

If you have an issue with plugs, you can always get new plugs and splice them in. Keep in mind, this is AC, there's no polarity between the two prongs or three if you have multiple phases. Just make sure you don't get the grounds confused if you're making your own cable.

My info above was from Honda, which said my 2000’s serial number was too low for it to match up with a 2200. Doing so might cause a low voltage output and damage tools and appliances.

This update’s a little late, but a big thanks to KTMRIDER. His timely sale of his Companion allowed me to be ready when the Easy Fire broke out in Simi. My folks had to evacuate to my house, then Edison shut down the power, but we were good to go.

The fire was working against the wind and down hill, so the Ventura County firefighters made pretty quick work protecting the neighborhood. Their house is above “Kaufmann.” They were back in the next day.

7E32B1B3-0F05-4177-8513-50348BB6B163.jpeg

Last edited:
This update’s a little late, but a big thanks to KTMRIDER. His timely sale of his Companion allowed me to be ready when the Easy Fire broke out in Simi. My folks had to evacuate to my house, then Edison shut down the power, but we were good to go.

The fire was working against the wind and down hill, so the Ventura County firefighters made pretty quick work protecting neighborhood. Their house is above “Kaufmann.” They were back in the next day.

View attachment 48277

Better than no update.....Great to hear your parents house survived and you were able to take them in. Those little generators can be worth every penny. I have a 2300 Ryobi I was using during the power shutdown and it did everything I asked of it.
Been thinking of doing same as you and purchasing a second 2300 and link them.

Very good news indeed. Those little generators are worth the price IMHO - nice to know that when there's an emergency like this that you have options that can help ease the stress of it all.

Back
Top Bottom