Winter Safari - NC Mountains - 27-29 January 2017

jscusmcvet

Adventurist
https://www.facebook.com/events/1835193136765670/

This is the Blue Ridge Expeditions Winter Safari held in the NC mountains in January. Beautiful scenery, cold winter camping, good folks, crazy little backwoods campground, good trail riding with a decent obstacle thrown in here and there. Pretty sure the trails are not accessible at other times. Come join us.

I went last year and am registered to go again. Here is a link to the registration:

http://www.breoffroad.com/index.php/store/events

A few pics from last year
IMG_6267.JPG
Winter Safari 2016 1.jpg
Winter Safari 2016 2.jpg
IMG_6273.JPG

I was looking at it, if you signed up again, it must be good!
Worth it, camping was a bit crowded but the trails were fun and folks were cool. I know some of the Anvil guys are heading back also. Just a nice weekend, trails you don't normally get to run and for me a rare winter trip. If you go let me know we can travel up there together.

Looks like a good time

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Anywhere we can get descriptions of the trails? Not far from us and it might be good timing. Just want to be a responsible group member and be sure I'm prepared for the routes.

The trails are mostly trail riding with a few obstacles thrown in for fun. Last year I walked it all in a stock 91 suburban with a locker in the rear. I would say that anything stock+ would be fine. This year I will be in my 2005 LJ Rubicon on 32's and do not foresee any issues. I believe the trail is referred to as "Richland Road"... not my video but shows the nature of the trail... expect some snow that time of year hopefully as well.

Just bringing this back up to your attention. Got confirmation over Christmas that my brother will be riding shotgun with me. He is a lifelong camper but has never gone four wheeling or anything like that with me. A rare occasion that he and I will hang out for a weekend with no wifeys and no kiddos.

Wonder how my rig would do and with my FWC Hawk on board?
Check out that video. There is one obstacle that I would worry about, other than that it might be slow going but you could do it. If you want to come, we'll put ourselves at the back and give it a try. If it's a no go we'll turn around and find something else to do. I also have 2 extra places in the jeep, but it is a jeep and will not be comfy. You are welcome to scrunch in there.

Check out that video. There is one obstacle that I would worry about, other than that it might be slow going but you could do it. If you want to come, we'll put ourselves at the back and give it a try. If it's a no go we'll turn around and find something else to do. I also have 2 extra places in the jeep, but it is a jeep and will not be comfy. You are welcome to scrunch in there.
His head would stick out of the top like Dino in Fred Flintstones car....

Back
Top Bottom