White Lightning!!!

Christopher Wright

Adventurist
It begins again. Another jeep has been added to the family. Meet White Lightning, a 1991 YJ. She is sporting the all powerful 2.5L inline 4 with the AX5 tranny coupled to a NP231 t-case. completely stock interior minus the radio. Had to rebuild the T-case, but she is ready for some daily driving and minor trails. Plans are to use as my daily driver till the end of the job site that I'm on. then start having some real fun and build her out to be another trail killer. More pics to come, as more adventures happen.
542245554.jpg
542245633.jpg
542245579.jpg
542245599.jpg
20180318_154100.jpg

Love the YJ. I think that's the last year with a fast back cage. If you still have that t-case out, you should consider a short slip yoke eliminator. You can run a longer driveshaft

Yep, '91 was the last year for the "CJ" style roll bar, "92 and up had the "family roll bar".

Chris is my daughter's fiancé, I have to make sure to give him the appropriate amount of grief or he thinks I don't like him!:cool:

It's funny that you would mention the shroud Bob. That is seriously the biggest fan shroud i have ever seen hahahaha. I'm not a huge fan of the fast back cage. i like the cage Bob welded up on the YJ crawler. ......someday that will change.
As far as the t-case and running gear, I want to keep this little jeep as stock as possible for now. When this job is over she's going up on stands, buying a 30 pack as bribery for Bob and gonna build her out. The SYE is on the top of my list though.
I'm a weld inspector for the railroad. I have to drive in some pretty nasty stuff to get to remote locations of the track. the jeep is the perfect solution. I daily drove the crawler for a couple of months. LOVED IT. MISSED IT.

Back
Top Bottom