What does your kitchen consist of...?

Added a new stainless steel SP percolator to the arsenal.... been wanting one for a long time now. Sadly the old aluminum one had an unfortunate mishap... it was time....

@Mojoe Outfitters I have a two burner stove similar to that. What is that on the right burner?

@Twin Magnolias It is the Mojoe Griddle with the Strap-On Griddlip attached. 24" diameter (3.14159 sq. ft.) of glorious 1/4" thick steel plate. You can use it on a Camp Chef stove as pictured or on a Weber BBQ or on your campfire with the three attachable legs that come with it. I have almost 60 videos on YouTube showing how to cook on the Mojoe: www.youtube.com/mojoeoutfitters Check it out!

Cam

I'm not a big supporter of rei and you can tell by my Dividend for a total of $13.70 so I stopped by there and looked at most of their overpriced gear manufactured in Vietnam or Bangladesh. I looked at the Snow Peak stuff and they had a few items but nothing that really struck my interest. I do like their plates although they're a bit small and shallow. I wanted some lightweight forks and the SP's were just short sporks, but I found these longer sporks to match my long spoons made by the same company. My total cost out of pocket was $5.32. I do have the 20% off coupon but none of their really high end stuff drew enough of my attention. Nor did I want to drop hundreds of dollars in support of them.

IMG_0268.JPG

Really nice setup, but where do you sleep?

There are these really cool inventions called tents you may have heard of but I also can sleep in the front. My rear seats are still fully functional with the kitchen only being installed only in the cargo portion. In my Subuaru when you move the front seat all the way up and remove the headrest it matches up perfectly with the rear seat, creating a very comfortable sleeping platform. In the pic I slept in my car overnight, thats why you don't see a tent setup. I am 6'2 and its a very comfortable setup.

There are these really cool inventions called tents you may have heard of but I also can sleep in the front. My rear seats are still fully functional with the kitchen only being installed only in the cargo portion. In my Subuaru when you move the front seat all the way up and remove the headrest it matches up perfectly with the rear seat, creating a very comfortable sleeping platform. In the pic I slept in my car overnight, thats why you don't see a tent setup. I am 6'2 and its a very comfortable setup.
You got me on that one, I gave up ground tents awhile ago and switched to the truck topper, then a CampingLabs RTT mounted on my trailer and eventually into my current FWC Hawk. I never had luck sleeping in the cab as I'm now 6'8". I shrunk a little... Still, I'd like to see some more pix of your rig sometime.

Santa Bob got me a new stove for Christmas. The CadacView attachment 26574 View attachment 26575 Safari Chef. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but Kelly and I are heading get out to The Grand Canyon next week. So there will be a review on it after that. View attachment 26571 View attachment 26572 View attachment 26573
Love mine! Mostly... The propane nipple inside the burner got clogged up somehow internally, could barely get it to heat up my food. So I drilled out the nipple a little bit (maybe too much) and the BTU output went through the roof! Can fry op anything at this point. :cool:

Working on switching up my setup a little bit. May be bringing my backpacking stove to act as a 2nd burner. Had to have a side dish going with only one burner available.

What's your favorite fuel?

So I've been bored and decided to expand the versatility of my cook setup and downsize a little if its just me traveling and if I'm taking the truck or not.
I can now cook will all of these! Just took a few adapters with two really versatile stoves. I swear I don't have a gadget problem o_O

Esbit Tablets

Wood/Alcohol/Esbit Tablets with this foldable stove!

Propane w/adapter

Butane w/adapter. These are popular in Asian markets for single burner stoves.

Propane/isobutan mix. Standard backpacking cartridge

Here is my Safari Chef, I also have a standard Coleman two burner, and an Aussie stove that mainly gets home BBQ duty.

Last edited:
Wood is my favorite fuel, plentiful and cheap. Propane is cumbersome to transport but is convenient and practical for camp cooking. The isobutane cans are great for the small backpacking stoves so I keep some of those for solo trips and kayak camping.

-Andy

morning-coffee-labor-day-2016-dscf0249-jpg.30627

Off the top of my head (might forget something);
The box (a surplus missile container) has an attached wooden cutting board, with a campfire grill and folding 8" fry pan (containing a kitchen towel). Held in place by a military vehicle small cargo strap of some kind.
coffee pot
msr bowl
8" tongs
small wisk
plastic spatula
saltshaker
Svea 123R stove with pot an holder, eyedropper (for priming) & BIC lighter; wrapped in a shop towel secured by a Velcro strap.
3 or 4 ounce bottle of vegetable oil.
1 oz. squeeze bottle liquid soap.
Sigg 0.3 L fuel bottle with UCO easy pour spout, wrapped in a shop towel secured by a Velcro strap, in a Slumberjack pillow bag.
approx. 3" x 3" x 4.5" square plastic coffee jar.
MSR Seagull pot with cover (I thin its the smallest size), with a plastic scrubbie in the lid, and a spare BIC lighter, a bundle of toothpicks, 4 spring style clothes pins, and 3 - 1oz ounce spice bottles (garlic powder, minced onion and sugar).
an Ove glove
a pocket watch (for timing things).
2 square plates (they fit better).
a folding aluminum windscreen.
a double wall cup, minus the handle in a can cooler.
a cheap camp usa locking folder.
a fabric pencil box with;
can opener, cut down steak knife, cut down small spatula, diamond knife sharpener,4 stainless spoons, 4 stainless forks, 4 cut down stainless table knives (walmart's cheapest) and a plastic pot scraper.

(whew!)

Enjoy!

morning coffee labor day 2016 DSCF0249.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom