What does your kitchen consist of...?

Whew! It's rough and time consuming! Unlock latches and lift the hatch....kitchen is ready! Full oak cabinets, granite tile countertop, refrigerator, camp chef oven/stove combo, dinner service for four....

If we're staying for a day or two, the FirstUp Gazebo, camp chairs and dinette table come out for the dining room.

I use a small action packer. I've pared down my kit to fit in that box. I have a:
  • 3pot/3 pan cooking kit
  • Singel burner stove, lighter
  • 2 bottles of propane
  • Utensils
  • Spices
  • metal cup
  • paper towels
  • dish soap
  • can opener
  • Sharp knife
  • mini cutting board
  • Divided plate

Here's how I've been rock'n it lately, Cast iron skillet, metal plate, tea pot, spoon and fork, and cooking on open fire.

augie-prep-dinner-day-2_edited-1.jpg

augie-prep-dinner-day-2_edited-1.jpg

Whatever, I cheat. My kitchen is a two burner stove, refrigerator, a sink and a microwave.
That door on the left leads to the bathroom with a shower.:cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 121
Whatever, I cheat. My kitchen is a two burner stove, refrigerator, a sink and a microwave.
That door on the left leads to the bathroom with a shower.:cool:

No such thing as cheating amigo - whatever works that allows us to enjoy being out there! :campfire

Ok here it goes....
Engel 45 fridge, Partner Steel 3 burner stove. Partner steel aluminum griddle, GSI fry pan, coffee percolator and handpresso. This is (was) my usual setup. Until I added a Snow peak titanium spork and a couple of plates then everything changed.

Last March I attended my first group camping (overlanding) trip to the 2013 Desert Rendzevous and met this guy named Dave aka TACODOC, some of you may know him? He's kind of a big deal around here. His flip-pac contains many leather bound books and smells of rich mahogany. He's friends with Merlin Olsen, you know? ....anyhow, I digress. Mr. Dave welcomed me to the camp and introduced me to the Rendzevous Conspiracy gang and something called an IGT? I thought it was the coolest thing since the one handed fire starter.

Fast forward to OEX 2013. I once again camped out with the notorious Rendzevous Conspiracy gang now known as American Adventurists. Again this IGT thingy just happened to tag along, too. Mr. Dave and the Snow Peak mafia put on a mixer during the festivities and my fate as a Snow Peak junkie was sealed. Fast forward to the present.

My aforementioned kitchen setup is now complimented by a full blown Snow Peak ensemble that I cobbled together mostly from the ExPo want ads and the few vendors that deal Snow Peak.....

3 unit IGT with table extension, two full length slide tables and right hand corner.
Single BBQ BOX.
Baja Burner.
LI stove/hot air balloon engine.
Pot and pan set.
mini cast iron duo set.
Cutting board / knife insert, bamboo and stainless inserts
height adjuster kit with 660 legs
paper towel holder and trash bin
IGT hanging shelf
S.P. torch
Trash bin
S.P chair and 2 my tables

being limited on space (wrangler LJ) I had to invent a system to strap it all together ( some of you may have seen it on the "other" forum) and the rest fits into 2 small action packers. I use this at home and for work functions as well.
Sorry for the run away post and thanks, Dave for kick starting my addiction!! Lol

20130519_115154.jpg
20130516_190731.jpg
20131021_183008.jpg
20131020_120826.jpg
20131021_182956.jpg

(03 January 2017)
I FIGURED it was time for an update... I recently reintroduced another 3 burner Partner Steel stove to the fold.
  • 3 unit IGT with table extension, two full length slide tables and right hand corner
  • Single BBQ BOX.x2
  • Baja Burner.
  • LI stove/hot air balloon engine.
  • Pot and pan set.
  • mini cast iron duo set.
  • Cutting board / knife insert, bamboo and stainless inserts x2
  • height adjuster kit with 660 legs
  • paper towel holder and trash bin
  • IGT hanging shelf
  • S.P. Giga torch
  • Trash bin.
  • SP chair and 2 my tables
  • Medium fire pit with cooking grate
  • Coffee percolator
  • SP classic kettle
  • Handpresso
  • Porlex ceramic burr grinder
  • National Luna 50 Weekender fridge/freezer (stainless steel)
  • Eezi Awn SS folding table, matches fridge.
  • SP half unit SS storage boxes x2
  • Partner Steel aluminum griddle
  • Alu Box for storing food and cooking related accoutrements.
  • A couple of SP SS plates.
0929161512-1.jpg
1007161444_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20140321_133603-1.jpg
    20140321_133603-1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 98
This is really sad; sad in that so many normally reasonable citizens are succumbing to this abnormal addiction to camping supplies imported from the far east. I've done a little a study on this phenomenon and this is what I've learned. Unfortunately, there is no known cure.

snow peak.jpg

snow peak.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised that single malt didn't make the wheel of misfortune Tim... :coffee

His flip-pac contains many leather bound books and smells of rich mahogany. ...snip

...snip... Fast forward to OEX 2013. I once again camped out with the notorious Rendzevous Conspiracy gang now known as American Adventurists. Again this IGT thingy just happened to tag along, too. Mr. Dave and the Snow Peak mafia put on a mixer during the festivities and my fate as a Snow Peak junkie was sealed. Fast forward to the present.

...snip... LI stove/hot air balloon engine. ...snip...

:keyboard

Last edited:
Campmate chuck box
Coleman grill / stove
7 gallon water jug with spout
Folding table
Edgestar 63Q fridge
2 front runner storage boxes (the South African military ones)
French press
Thermos

Well. My camper has a full blown kitchen, but I typically real out my cadac safari grill and my alps engineering table, along with a 5 gallon jug of water, and cook from that. . I may use the stove in the camper on my next trip out to make my coffee...

No Snow Peak, but I do have one California certified hairy, four legged, garbage disposal! Eats anything and everything, I have the Vet. bills to prove it.
Camping 1.1.jpg
IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_3146.jpg
IMG_3147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom