Well that was a fiasco

goin camping

Adventurist
Sooo, I got the 03 Express AWD back from the outfitters on Thurs and headed out to the Mojave on Friday.

One of the things done to the van was adding a 65qt. Domestic. (That will come into play later...)

On my part, I read all the weather reports for the area and thought I had it covered. Well, the weather was colder than predicted and while I had plenty of coats. I forgot my heater and the temp rating on my bag was a big fat lie. 20 degrees my A$$!

In short. My behind froze for three days.

And the brand new Dometic which had been running and being 34 degrees from Monday to Friday croaked sometime Friday night and my food went bad. Fortunately I was camping with friends who like to cook and I ate better than if the I had made my food.

Not stressing about the Dometic. Had their products in my Airstream and they have always worked well and lasted at least 12 years. Which I figure is good for a fridge or A/C that bounced down dirt roads all over the Mojave for its life. Figure to ship this one back for a replacement and go on happy with life. In manufacturing sometimes you get a clinker.

So in short. I froze for three days. Had a fridge die and had a great time while all this was happening.

Back
Top Bottom