2020 Toyota Tundra Crewmax build, "The Grey Menace"

Well it been a while since I have posted anything on the Grey Menace. Been busy with the wife fighting brain cancer since May of last year. Renee is in good spirits and is doing good.

Ok we decided we needed a little bit of sun shade. I went with the Ironman 4x4 awning and a quick disconnect mounting system. The mounts seem sturdy enough. The awning slides over 2 pins and is locked in place. So when it's not in use, I can remove it and store it away in a nice safe place or just leave it on. I can take it off in about 20 seconds if need be. I have not had the chance of setting it up yet but seems very easy. Nice tough vinyl cover with nice large zippers. Should be a nice addition to camping. Cool part is if I want I can add sides and a end on it! When the box arrived I was thinking to my self it's way to long! No just right! It's mounted high enough to where it will not hit the rear door while opening the door.
4x41.jpg
4x42.jpg
4x41.jpg
4x42.jpg
4x43.jpg

Last edited:
OK here are a few pictures of it deployed. This thing is huge!, Notice the built in LED light strip that slides to the left or right! Cigarette plug in which will be changed out to a solar plug for multi use. It even has a dimmer switch! Cool mood lighting! The wires tuck in very nicely but are very lose and almost fell out if not for my cat like reflexes catching them on the way to the ground. Very easy to deploy the material is of a nice quality. I did remove the awning this morning using one hand! The quick releases make it so easy to remove!

I might even revamp my shower enclosure with these quick releases this way I can use the shower or awning on both sides of the truck if need be! Notice in one of the pictures at the end there is a groove to where you can add an end cover for extra protection!

aadd
aw1.jpg
aw2.jpg
aw3.jpg
aw3.jpg
aw4.jpg
aw5.jpg
aw6.jpg
aw7.jpg
aw8.jpg
aw9.jpg

Always cooking something Dave. Stirring the pot?o_O Ray I was looking at Dave's jeep pictures the other day, not sure but I think I might had seen some corrosion but forgot where.:stir

Hi folks! Yes another up grade for the Grey Menace:eek:. Adding a solar shower to it. :DI was originally looking at the Hilton which my brother has and loves it. I was looking at mounting options for the heat exchanger but could not come up with a solution to mount it. I did not want to run long heater hoses all over the place and still have it look clean. :(

:) So I pulled the trigger on the Yakima Road shower. All welded black anodized aluminum 7 gallon capacity which is plenty and can withstand to 60 psi. :D The unit comes complete, It's pretty much bolt on. Yes it does add weight to the camper shell but the load is spread over the mounts and roof so there should be no issues. It's comes with a stick on thermometer. The mounting bolts are lockable! Plus on each end there are tabs for a cable lock for all you anal retentive people who like locks. I got it from E trailer as they seemed to have the best price. They also had a nice video about the shower as well. They had a 4 , 7 , 10 gallon version, I went with the 7 gal. Delivery around June 6th. So stay tuned for pictures. Pretty excited!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:pics Yes I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn

If you're curious, Back in 2016 I was sent a sample of the Road Shower 2 to review. (Actually, the deal was buy one full price and a second free with free shipping, but I sold one locally at a discount to then current prices, so it ended up costing me about $50.) Here is the review I wrote at the time:

https://www.explore-the-usa.com/rs2/

Later, I received a 7 gallon RS4 like yours with the higher pressure and larger capacity. It has worked great. I still carry the WaterBricks for potable water, though.

Wow What a awesome review! Lot's of great information! Yes they did redesign the valve or cap! I ordered on from Etralier and did not get any shipping info from them so I email them and it would arrive Jan 2022! Not going to happen! I found a company in New Jersey OK4wd and they had 5 in stock and were getting lot's of calls on them well they now have 4 in stock! Prices were very competitive, and free shipping! Mine will arrive this Tuesday the 8th I am so jazzed! Can't wait to get it installed and put it to use! Again thank you for the write up! Nice job! 5 stars is what I wanted to see!

Well my shower arrived today! All I did so far was to unbox the unit and took a few pictures of the packaging and the parts it came with. It's to late now to mount it but not to late to read the instructions. Just took a few pictures. I must say it was packaged up very nicely. The actual unit was pended in a cardboard frame work and bubbled wrapped. All the external fittings had cardboard around them. I must say it was done right. Tomorrow the install, It looks pretty straight forward.
20210608_180834.jpg
20210608_180834.jpg
20210608_181005.jpg
20210608_181007.jpg
20210608_181114.jpg
20210608_181235.jpg
20210608_181235.jpg
20210608_181238.jpg
20210608_181305.jpg
20210608_181313.jpg
20210608_181458.jpg
20210608_181823.jpg
20210608_181826.jpg

My greatest fear in life is when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

Attachments

• 20210608_181607.jpg
    20210608_181607.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 60
OK got her mounted today filled it with water and pressurized the tank. Drove around a bit today as they say it needs to be flushed out and cleaned so that's what I did and let it sit in the sun for most of the day. Works like a charm! I did buy some Velcro straps today as well as the plastic clips for the hose looks sturdy enough but wanted a bit of extra security as I did not want the hose to be flopping in the breeze.! Installation was pretty straight forward no problems. I would give it .5 hammers out of a 5 very easy! Hell the pipe fitting even had pipe thread on it! The water did get up to 90 today! Warm enough for me. I took a close up of the fill cap as they re designed it.
20210608_181845.jpg
20210608_181826.jpg
truck shower.jpg

Back
Top Bottom