WeBoost Cell Phone Booster + Cheetos Group Buy - Feeler, Preliminary, Not Guaranteed

I'm not ready to buy at this point. But out of curiosity, do folks that have these, or those that have looked into how they work, know if they will work with upcoming 5G rollouts? I'm thinking of how future proof they are at this point.

I'm not ready to buy at this point. But out of curiosity, do folks that have these, or those that have looked into how they work, know if they will work with upcoming 5G rollouts? I'm thinking of how future proof they are at this point.
according to their website, some of their devices are 5G ready.

according to their website, some of their devices are 5G ready.

Some interesting info from weBoost: What Is 5g and When Is 5G Coming

On that page:
Since mobile carriers are planning to use the existing 4G LTE networks to carry the majority of cell service to consumers well into 2030, our current boosters will continue to work for years to come. The 5G network is being built alongside today’s 4G LTE network and will rely on the 4G LTE network as part of its infrastructure.

I didn't know 5g was measured in feet, not miles, and is more about use in concentrated areas.

I've been using the weBoost Drive 4G-X OTR for a year and half all over the country, from Maine to west Texas, and find it well worthwhile to have purchased. I have a little cell phone vid somewhere that shows my reception bars going from one to three repeatedly as I turned my weBoost on, off, on, off in a couple different, but close, locations.

It generally will boost my reception x2 and at times seems to boost the connection enough from nil to make sending/receiving data possible. Bars are not the most exact measure, and I've never run it through a true meter, but can say without hesitation it has made connecting a lot easier in a lot more remote places, whether driving or sitting still.

You get used to where to place the inside antenna for best reception. I keep mine loose, usually tucked into the rear edge of my headliner over the front seats for when I'm working from the driver's seat. I move it accordingly if in the back of my van.

You will also get used to keeping the body of your vehicle between the exterior mounted antenna and the interior movable piece to reduce-eliminate a feedback loop, according to the manual with mine. My reception will vary depending on whether or not I have my rear doors open and if I'm backed up close to my trailer or not.

~ Road

If the Cheetos are fresh, I'm in.
Seriously, mildly interested and will be watching and compare to my existing solutions.

Okay, here's the quick scoop:

10% off the website prices
No free shipping
California Taxes for California residents.
Need at least 5

It's not a good discount in my book.

Let's do this:

If you are in at those rates, regardless... Please let me know and ill start it officially.

Back
Top Bottom