Wayward_skye’s third gen 4 Runner build.

Been super busy. So stage one of this build is complete. It’s ment to be a capable off road home. A few off road parts were mitigated due to budget for travel. Mainly leaving the running boards on. Sky needs them to get to the Thule box on the roof. The budget didn’t allow for rock sliders.

That being said the platform is built, installed, wiring for 100 watts of solar, 350 watts pure sine wave inverter, four USB ports, volt meter, and fridge power.

558235BF-F193-476E-949A-0E42E19EC537.jpeg
75D68B4B-08A0-4DD4-9942-A8133B466D5E.jpeg
2140AF8A-2832-495C-ACDE-421F1556C6DC.jpeg
B5B57244-0151-475E-9F0A-57033D9C2FB3.jpeg

Sky has driven of road in my truck many times. She’s been my practice student. But she has never driven her own rig off road. Today was basic training day. She really started getting seriously interested on the drive home from AZ. Asking questions about differentials, lockers, t case, shocks and wheel travel.

Thanks to Will Gillette for the 100 plus hours of labor over 5 weekends, Dan Griffin for the deals on parts, tires and recovery gear. This build ball parked in at 350-400 hours of planing and labor, countless sleepless nights. It’s a budget build done right. We have a few items to complete but for the most part she’s ready to roll!!! Sky really appreciates the time, thought and money it takes to accomplish a vehicle build.

It has been such a pleasure to help with this project. So much to enjoy. Bringing a great truck up to snuff, designing, and implementing some cool ideas in storage, power, and general habitation, and most of all helping Sky get a good kick start on this next adventure.

Stay Cool Skylar. Always remember how to open your Velcro pockets.

1E2E73DB-CDB3-45C0-9875-C81E1E627451.jpeg
So after 5 months and 21,000 miles on the road Skylar is home for a month before she heads to Namibia Africa. I was unloading from my ski day and she from her trip. I have to say I’m really going to miss her. She will be heading out for the journey of a lifetime!

Well Skylar has departed on her trip to change hearts and minds in Namibia. That being said I have been gifted caretaker of Boomer her 4R. I will be driving it once a week to work and monthly engaging 4 wheel drive and the locker. Regular oil changes and lubes will be completed as well. On the short list of things to do is replace the cat, its been displaying a CEL for about a month P420 code. It needs a cat replacement. I've already replaced the O2 sensors back in November so the next step in progression. Along with that the sleep platform that I built rattles something fierce without bedding and the solar panel howls above 55 mph. Three easy repairs right away. Longer term she has a thumping stereo sitting in boxes from her old Honda that I'll install. Even longer term I'll be looking for a front winch bumper, rock sliders, and a matching 5th spare wheel used on C/L. It wont be the same working on it without her but will hopefully pass the next 27 months.

Back
Top Bottom