Waterport Shower

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Here's something I'm impressed by, the day shower by Waterport. I saw this at Desert Rendezvous and had to get one.

0555003F-822A-4F4B-9FBD-731314FE4E45.jpeg

Based in Carlsbad, CA, their shower brilliantly simple - no moving parts. That means reliability and ease of use in the field. All you do is hook up your garden hose and it pressurizes the 3.85 gallon tank. Done.

Pressure is amazing and the nozzle creates a jet of water that will go 30 feet. Plenty of settings on the shower head for different tasks, and the thick black plastic tank (Scepter quality) will heat right up in the sun. If you need to fill it up at the river or from another water can, it has a manual pump to pressurize the tank in the field. You can even use a bicycle pump or your air compressor to recharge it. It can be hard mounted (steel backing plate) or you can hand carry it anywhere.

If you're looking for an easy, durable, portable shower solution this is it.

EB2A575A-493D-4CBD-8BE4-7CF3DBFFB4DC.jpeg

I'd so add an air pressure port to it and use OBA or a portable compressor to pressurize it.

I really like that integrated handle.

And 3-4 gallons is more than enough for a "navy shower." I wonder what it's heat tolerance is? :confused:

I'd so add an air pressure port to it and use OBA or a portable compressor to pressurize it.

I really like that integrated handle.

And 3-4 gallons is more than enough for a "navy shower." I wonder what it's heat tolerance is? :confused:

It has one!

Works great, and in a pinch if you start to lose pressure, you can add enough pressure by hand to at least finish the dishes.

My wife got me one a couple years ago for Christmas when it was on sale at Costco. It works great I have it mounted to the bed rails. The only downside is the small capacity. It’s amazing how fast water goes once it is pressurized.

I have one in the back of my Tacoma. I keep a small air pump attached--the kind to air up footballs or basketballs--to keep the pressure topped off.

Have one in the back of the Taco. New style and old. Old has less capacity and the fittings are exposed to damage from cargo hitting it. New style has recessed areas that protect the fittings. The fill port on the new style is also larger which is nice.

Pic of the old style. On the back side there's a schrader valve equally exposed to something falling against it. Also the new style can slide off it's mounting plate and become a portable water source while the old style is a permanent fixture.

By the way. I've been meaning to sell the old one cheap. Just haven't gotten around to listing it. PM me if interested.

IMG_20190921_092929.jpg

Last edited:
Should be ordering one soon, I’ve been looking for a replacement for my Nemo Helio shower that finally died.

We have one and used it this past weekend, works good but the pressure drops off pretty quick but easy to use built in pump to repressure.

Nice unit Dave should serve you well. Still love the Helton, no problems from install.

I'm still partial to the ClassACustoms.com water tanks. they're really simple box style 7-40 gallon fresh/gray water tanks.

The 10 gallon is like ~$33 shipped, and then you can use any of the standard fittings and run the tank to a pump or something. But yeah, the water port is super neat due to its simplicity. I was using the rinsekit for a while, but now I want something a little more permanently in place.

I'm still partial to the ClassACustoms.com water tanks. they're really simple box style 7-40 gallon fresh/gray water tanks.

The 10 gallon is like ~$33 shipped, and then you can use any of the standard fittings and run the tank to a pump or something. But yeah, the water port is super neat due to its simplicity. I was using the rinsekit for a while, but now I want something a little more permanently in place.

Rinsekit is VERY cool as well.

Bottom line here is that showers in the field are a game changer. And the ladies approve.

So get one ;)

The Waterport is a nice solution. I like that I can easily take it up to my condo and fill it with hot water from the tap. It's as big as you'd want if you're carrying it by hand. Roadshower is more of a permanently mounted option, which means you have to have a hose, which I don't have easy access to.

If you pressurize it to 50 psi, you shouldn't have much noticeable drop off in pressure until you're down to the very end. Remember you have to leave some air in it. I usually put about 3.2 gallons.

It doesn't have the capacity to do a lot of showers, but for a weekend trip, if you're not wasteful, it's pretty good. It's a godsend if you're just driving to a trailhead and you want to clean yourself and your bike off before driving home. When camping, my preference is usually to just heat 16 oz of water and use No Rinse soap with a sponge. I feel 99% as refreshed, and it means that I can stay out for long periods of time with just the water I brought with me, even going for runs and cleaning up multiple times per day.

Another option is just to use a 5 gallon bucket and a rechargeable electric shower pump. Boil 40 oz of water, add another 80 oz, and you should get a minute or two of hot water. That's like a $40 option, and while it take a bit more prep, it is about as luxurious as a shower at home.

Back
Top Bottom