Watching weather 2016 Overland Expo East

Well I am beginning to think I should have bought those new tires before I go down but I do have a good tow strap!!!!
No worries - you don't need new tires or a tow strap. Lessons learned from the first 2 events, Overland Expo is now equipped for vehicles who can't manage to maneuver in 4WD. Courtesy of the Caterpillar Corporation...

maxresdefault.jpg

I have one of those but not quite as big (D6).
Maybe I can bring it down and make some extra coin!!!

Seriously, it looks like Matthew is forecasted to take a sharp right hand turn and minimally impact NC.
We should be fine in Asheville.

From what I've been reading—and I'm not sure Matthew has been reading the same stuff—even if the storm hits SC we should only experience some rain Thursday night and Friday morning in Asheville. The French Broad River is way down at the moment, so it would take a lot of rain to cause trouble on that front. The forecasts are still promising pretty decent weather overall.

I am heading out to the Asheville today to exlplore the area West of I-40, maybe North to Martha Sundquist State Park in TN, then head in to Asheville Thursday, see you all there. Better prepared than last year when my summer tent took a bow....

We will be leaving south Florida on Wednesday mid-day hoping to beat out any heavy rain but wondering if the storm will follow us to N.C. Praying for good weather, anybody else heading out from Florida?

FYI:
All lanes of I-26 eastbound will be reversed from I-526 to I-77 Wednesday (just in case you see traffic going North on the other side of the road)

I've had to call of my trip to EXPO. Im in Wilmington about five minutes from the beach and were going to get a crap load of rain and good wind. Im the manager of the family business and I need to be here case any issue (wind damage flooding) plus make sure wife and kiddos are good. Yay second year in row had to cancel due to rain

I've had to call of my trip to EXPO. Im in Wilmington about five minutes from the beach and were going to get a crap load of rain and good wind. Im the manager of the family business and I need to be here case any issue (wind damage flooding) plus make sure wife and kiddos are good. Yay second year in row had to cancel due to rain

Easy call to make. Keep the home fire burning and we'll see you there next year!

Weather doesn't look to be improving, saw that it's back to a Cat 4 storm. Still not sure which way I'd jump if I was supposed to be at Expo this weekend. Best of luck to those of you that pulled the trigger and headed into it, completely understandable for those that decided to stay home.

Thinking a bit more after I hit the send button, I think I'd pull the plug and stay home. No sense in risking wind/water damage to my gear when I don't have to. Biting the bullet for this trip could potentially be paid with a penalty to future trips.

The weather is not bad currently. The storm track looks to have a minor if any impact on Asheville. Georgia and South Carolina will get a thumping along the coast.

-Andy

Back
Top Bottom