Watching weather 2016 Overland Expo East

FireMedic603

Adventurist
We will be leaving south Florida on Wednesday mid-day hoping to beat out any heavy rain but wondering if the storm will follow us to N.C. Praying for good weather, anybody else heading out from Florida?

Hurricane last year, so hopefully it is good this year for all of you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was there last year. With the rain it wasnt bad. I enjoyed it throughly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That its going to be a very wet expo....

Where are you seeing that?
Fri
mostly-cloudy.png

Oct 7

Mostly Cloudy

75° 55°
20% E 7 mph 81% 4 of 10
7:30 am
7:04 pm 1:11 pm 11:40 pm Sat
partly-cloudy.png

Oct 8
Partly Cloudy

76° 51°
20% NNW 14 mph 69% 6 of 10
7:31 am
7:03 pm 2:00 pm -- Sun
partly-cloudy.png

Oct 9
Partly Cloudy

69° 45°
10% NNW 15 mph 45%

meh... what could go wrong? The event site is situated along the French Broad River so high clearance vehicles are desirable and Chris's U500 will be with us. Hurricane Matthew is the wild card.

However, the NWS predicts this:

Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 51. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 74.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 48.

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 71.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46.

Columbus Day
Sunny, with a high near 73.

The most pessimistic reports I see for us have Matthew making landfall in SC on Saturday, which would mean only Sunday for rain for us. We'll see. Last year's rain was actually a combination of three weather systems. And it could still track offshore.

When I start feeling put upon I just think of everyone in Haiti . . .

It's the challenges that Mother Nature presents us that separates the true Overlander from the posers. Preparation and self-sufficiency - the rules we live by. From what I've witnessed everyone I've met on this forum embraces this philosophy.

Agreed, a little calamity makes a trip memorable. When everything goes right/as planned the trip just kind of melds in with other uneventful trips.

Agreed, a little calamity makes a trip memorable. When everything goes right/as planned the trip just kind of melds in with other uneventful trips.

...and Bob knows from experience. You should hear his story about the 40 days and 40 nights of rain he went through. :D

Gore-Tex and Wellies are packed. If the storm passes by I can always seek out some friendly livestock.

-Andy

Well I am beginning to think I should have bought those new tires before I go down but I do have a good tow strap!!!!

Back
Top Bottom