Vehicle insurance, above and beyond blue book value

Anyone ever get asked about vehicle weight after mods by insurance agents? I'm not yet to GVWR, but I have to watch what future mods I add to my LX470, as I am getting close. It seems a lot of 4runners and Tacoma's you see on the road, are way overloaded, and I always wondered how this affected people with insurance and accidents.

I will bet 99% if people never get weighed..... Ignorance is bliss for most it seems. I'm 14240lbs in the big truck, 5600 ish iirc in the 4r whihx has admittedly been a long time since I got weighed

Anyone ever get asked about vehicle weight after mods by insurance agents? I'm not yet to GVWR, but I have to watch what future mods I add to my LX470, as I am getting close. It seems a lot of 4runners and Tacoma's you see on the road, are way overloaded, and I always wondered how this affected people with insurance and accidents.
Nope. They didn’t care. I can honestly say from my experience with this type of stuff a lot of its perpetuated by internet articles that then turn into internet myth.

Back
Top Bottom