"Uno" the 2015 Tacoma

Weather caps for the NMO mounts.

20210528_114628.jpg

And part of a driveway...

20210528_135432.jpg

How's it look now? Did they save it?

For the most part I think. There's a couple areas where the heavy rain may have washed the cement out of the top layer of concrete, but it's mostly up against the house where the down spouts were concentrating water during the downpour. Worst case there may be some grinding work that needs to be done there and a new top layer poured. There are a couple other areas where they did repairs to the finish last night that are drying at a very different rate than the rest of the pour. I'm not sure if it's because they pulled moisture out of those areas or forced more moisture in as the redid the finish. Hoping those areas don't develop surface laitance as time goes on. The company owner is coming by to take a look.

20210529_140943.jpg

20210529_140954.jpg

20210529_141003.jpg

20210529_141011.jpg

20210529_141026.jpg

What’s your impression of the Martin cab rack? Wind noise, solidness, usefulness and such.

I got to find a better solution for hauling ‘yaks in the new truck with the factory hard tonneau. Looking at rack and tonneau combos that don‘t require drilling results in a steep price tag. I got to thinking one of those cab racks might work perfect for hauling the Remix’s while leaving the factory tonneau functional and the bed open for gear. And at about 1/3 the price or more over a rack/cover combo the idea is attractive.

Having look at the available options I keep going back to Martin or Victory but I don’t like the idea of the steel pedestals used by Victory. Some of the other brands are too expensive for some cut up extrusions or just look goofy.

What’s your impression of the Martin cab rack? Wind noise, solidness, usefulness and such.

I got to find a better solution for hauling ‘yaks in the new truck with the factory hard tonneau. Looking at rack and tonneau combos that don‘t require drilling results in a steep price tag. I got to thinking one of those cab racks might work perfect for hauling the Remix’s while leaving the factory tonneau functional and the bed open for gear. And at about 1/3 the price or more over a rack/cover combo the idea is attractive.

Having look at the available options I keep going back to Martin or Victory but I don’t like the idea of the steel pedestals used by Victory. Some of the other brands are too expensive for some cut up extrusions or just look goofy.

I'm extremely happy with the Martin rack. Shipping was fast, it was well packaged and the install was simple enough. I attempted to punch holes in my weather stripping on the roof for the spacers to sit in to give it a clean appearance. Unfortunately I failed and ended up just removing it completely. You'd have to be VERY precise to get the holes in the proper location without any gaps around the spacers, if you punched a larger hole it would allow the play needed for the spacer to wiggle as you bolted on the rack.

Wind noise is minimal. You can tell it's up there at highway speeds, but it's not obnoxious nor does it whistle. I ordered mine with the larger cutout for a lightbar and drove around without the light installed for a bit with no adverse noise either. I think air moving over the lightbar added the most sound.

It's solid enough that once it's installed you can shake the entire truck without feeling any give at all in the rack or the mounts.

How do you like your GX? Assuming that's yours in front of the driveway?

That's Elsa, my wife's vehicle. Hands down one of the most comfortable vehicles I've ever driven. Lexus got a lot right in the GX. While my wife loves everything about it I just can't get past the wood in the interior; it's just not my style. Now if I could get those GX seats in my Tacoma, that would be something. :D

Back
Top Bottom