Uh oh, test driving a Jeep on Saturday

Doug

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
Found a nicely modded TJ on Craigslist so I'm going to take a look at it this weekend. This would be a tow/extra vehicle for me, and something to just jump in for some local wheeling fun. Over the course of talking (ok, email) with the owner, it seems like a pretty good vehicle but we'll see. Regardless, I think I'll be driving/towing a Jeep by the time DRV rolls around.

Congrats on the Jeep, whatever you end up with!

Flat towing is usually our MO when we want to go wheeling/camping. Your rig should work just fine for what you're asking it to do. Even with the lift/oversize tires and factory gears my DMax pulls great, your Cummins should certainly be up to the task.

189122_1775156870509_1586948477_1693589_2990279_n.jpg

My junk at the first DRV, I think. <Someone else took the pic, I jacked it fair and square>:cool: It's nice that I can unhook the Jeep and Machelle drive it in to our campsite if the road gets too crappy.

If I'm running REALLY heavy, I stuff the Jeep and what ever else in the trailer.

silverton2011001.jpg

Last edited:
Bob,

It was actually the trip you planned to Los Coyotes that gave me the idea to do this. My rig will generally go anywhere it fits but that's leaving a lot of trails off my map since it's so big. We had fun on that trail ride but I'm just not much for being a passenger anytime. The ease of flat towing and using it as a trailer of sorts for extra storage (bikes, kayak, etc.) really appeals to me. We'll see how long it lasts when we go full time but for now I thinking be a lot of fun to have a small Jeep around. Heck we may even dig the tent out of the shed and just take the Jeep for a weekend. Sleep on the ground! Gasp! :hotdog

Doug

Back
Top Bottom