Two wheels and Electricity

I guess this fits here...
In an effort to maximize the amount of landscape people are able to see when visiting a national park, the National Park Service has allowed e-bikes to make an appearance inside parks.

In a statement, the National Park Service said that e-bikes will be allowed in all national parks that have designated areas for regular bicycles. They will also have the same restrictions as regular bicycles, so don’t go dreaming of wilderness excursions with an electric motor.
https://wtop.com/national/2019/08/national-park-service-allows-e-bikes-into-national-parks/

Yeah, I saw that. I'm not sure how many national parks have a lot of bike trails to begin with. But Honestly it's silly, I can understand the mountain bike people being pissed. They are not allowed on most trails around here. The pedal-assist variety that are low powered, are a whole different ball game, but I don't think there's a way to differentiate between them well enough yet. Mine is more or less a low power dirt bike with pedals..... I am sure I can do more damage than a normal mountain bike if I spin the tire Etc

Back
Top Bottom