Tried out the RTT and I liked it...

augie

Adventurist
This past weekend I borrowed an Eezi Awn and spent Saturday evening out and about. I had to head back to civilization a little early to make it to a bull roast on Sunday, but I gotta say, I enjoyed sleeping off the ground and found the set up dang-on easy.
Tacoma EEZI AWN Camp 3 copy.jpg

Here is the full write up of my thoughts on using a RTT. http://www.augiesadventures.com/roof-top-tent-on-the-old-tacaoma/#more-1376

I've been contemplating getting a roof top tent lately. If I didn't need (read: want) so many other things like a lift, sliders, bumper...list goes on and on. I have a great ground tent (Kodiak Canvas), and I love it but it's becoming a bear to mob and demob. Mostly on adventures that we stay in a different place each night. Right now CVT has a group buy going on and now would be the right time to get one if I were to get one...but I just can't make up my mind. Thanks for the review...it helped a lot.

Colonal Angus, they really do have their place and are nice, but in a base camp type of trip, the ground tent is really the way to go. I've not seen a CVT in person, so I can't comment on the quality, but I was really impressed with the quality of the Eezi Awn I had borrowed. How I see it, for the fishing trip in two weeks, I'll use the ground tent, but next spring when I head out to the desert for 4 weeks of exploring, the RTT will be the way to go. Like most things they each have a time and place.

...I've not seen a CVT in person, so I can't comment on the quality.

.....Like most things they each have a time and place.

I have the CVT and quality is as good as any Chinese made RTT but I've also looked closely at Eezi-awn and they are better quality for sure but atleast twice the price. So I'm very happy with my CVT. And Bobby is fantastic to deal with. :)

And you are quite right with the time and place comment. Which is why I ended up with a trailer so the tent can go on there for base camp set up. But then, sometimes I don't want to drag a trailer with me either. Again...each have a time and place.

Nothing is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom