Trav's "La Poderosa" Build

Trav

Adventurist
Translation of "La Poderosa" is powerful or mighty

I am not new to the HD Dodge Ram game but this time around I am choosing to build a vehicle more suited for life's adventure.

You can check out how I used to use my old HD ram on my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/tlfarnum

To start my build I went on the search and purchased a low mileage 07 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD.

IMG_20160201_090516_zpsevd0g5mf.jpg

The reason I chose an 07 is for the following reasons:
  • Highly reliable 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel (last year this engine was available)
  • Only SMOG equipment needed is Catalytic converter, no EGR no DEF fluid like the newer diesels.
  • NP271 manual transfer case
  • 48RE Transmission
My vision of this build is to create a 3 season Adventure rig. I want to keep the vehicle as nimble as possible and keep the center of gravity low as possible.

Phase 1: Suspension

These trucks are meant to tow heavy loads and the factory suspension lets you know this. So the OEM stuff has to go. I trusted Carli Suspension to get my old 2500 though the deserts of Baja at speeds and comfort you would never expect a solid axle diesel to be capable of.

So I am trusting them again with my new adventure rig. I reached out to friends over at CJCoffroad to get me squared away with what I wanted.

I chose to go with a Carli Dominator system, with some addtioanl supporting comp

kit_dom3_detail.jpg

Let's see the whole truck with the suspension on!!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Any updates? How are you liking the Carli Suspension package?

Back
Top Bottom