Trailer pic & vid thread

Here's the orange monster. Nothing inside yet. Just rhino liner.

Swiss Caps did the camper and paint.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
I've got a hankering for a Dream Sickle. YUM

Trailer looks awesome, what are your plans for the interior
I've got enough width to lay crossways so a cot across the front. For each side, bin shelving. Up to the height of the original side wall with a top wide enough for a fridge. Shelving secured with canvas frame bolt holes so I can remove them. I've gotten fond of being able to take everything out and power wash the inside.

The 2015 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous had many great trailers to look at

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've got enough width to lay crossways so a cot across the front. For each side, bin shelving. Up to the height of the original side wall with a top wide enough for a fridge. Shelving secured with canvas frame bolt holes so I can remove them. I've gotten fond of being able to take everything out and power wash the inside.

Got to see your trailer last weekend at ARV. It looked great.

So many great ideas. I'm coming to a decision point of keeping the trailer multi functional or dedicated it to camping. Because it looks like the wire harness has a break or short in it. The passenger side brake and turn signal has gone. I'm going to have to rewire it. When I start that project, the plan needs to in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, we're thinking about copying this set up. Is the frame made of steel with the aluminum box? Also, how much was the top? Was it set to a standard size or custom made?

Thanks

Frame is chromoly steel and aircraft grade aluminum box. The top is aluminum and custom made by Swiss Caps (19091 State Road 250, Patriot, IN 47038, United States). Roughly around $2k for the top but cost will be determined by what features you want. Keith Martin (keith.martin@swisscaps.cc) is the guy you want to talk to.

These are great photos. We've been wanting to find a cheap teardrop and convert it into a great kitchen / gear trailer. Any advice from you guys that have already done the work?

@Thebrassnuckles tell us about that tent...
Now that I have some more time, the tent is great.

Setup is relatively quick, there are a few extra steps to take to make it super solid, but still pretty expedient. And they are performed from inside, so inclement weather isn't a problem. Setting up the extension room has a number of extra steps, but it's not a requirement. I have only set it up twice, once in my front yard and another time I did just the awning during a light drizzle for shelter while cooking.

My family of 5 fits on the bed relatively well, but we cosleep with all our kids regularly. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 4th kid now. But I'll figure something out. The bed is comfortable, and the optional wall is great for having kids. No worries about them falling off the bed in the night. Also it keeps a bit more of your body heat in.

My biggest complaint is that the mounting height is too low. My trailer is >49" high and the highest recommended height is 42". It still works, but not as pretty. I have plans to build a lower, and wider trailer for more stability.

Here's what I Sell & Use. I'm Lead Dog Motorsports in Las Vegas. I Design and Build Chassis for Hiker Off Road Trailers. We also do standard style Small Camp Trailers as well. Im also a Dealer for T@B, T@G & Taxa Cricket & Tiger Moth Trailers.

20161126_151157.jpg

Back
Top Bottom