Trailer pic & vid thread

IMG_7137.JPG
I had to do
@100acrehuphalump is your F150 happy with that FWC on the back? I don't have either, but as we look at what's next a 4 door F150 is appealing.
I had to do some upgrades to my suspension. I used Add A Leaf Springs and Firestone Ride Right Airbags. Plus went with 10 ply E rated load bearing tires. It actually handles it quite nicely and has been in some pretty rough country. Even with what I did though, it did nothing for the axels, and bearings. If you're thinking of an F-150, get one with the heavier towing package. Mine had one but was the least rugged of what they had at the time. Also when I bought the truck, I had no idea that I was gonna buy a FWC Hawk a few years down the line. Lastly, the upgrades I did do cost me in mileage. It went from 17-19 mpg to 12-14 and that's before installing the camper. I recently removed the camper for the first time recently and replaced it with my topper and only got 1-2 mpg better. Definitely go with the better towing package or an F-250. If you do, get the 8' bed and a Grandby which is two feet longer than the Hawk....

Last edited:
Great tips, thanks. I could see us moving in this direction since Ann really liked the FWC's we saw at Expo East. As the boy gets older I think he will move out to a tent with a buddy... so thinking this suits me and Ann well.

Great tips, thanks. I could see us moving in this direction since Ann really liked the FWC's we saw at Expo East. As the boy gets older I think he will move out to a tent with a buddy... so thinking this suits me and Ann well.
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact me any time.

Yep, shot that in the parking lot. You can see the building reflection in the Jeep windows. Did Mosquito pass recently. Going to Moab in a few weeks and it's going to get put through it paces with a few trail runs.
IMG_5406.JPG
IMG_5387.JPG

I'm going to dub this "Drop on top!! " :) Just got back from Moab and gave the trailer a beating doing top of the world.. Not surprisingly, I got...o_O:confused:confused:genius and one....:clap
I built the trailer to go wheeling, so mehhhh, why not! Pic was worth the challenge! HAPPY TUESDAY ALL!
IMG_5686 - Copy (2).JPG

I hooked up the trailer and headed to Virginia for the 2nd Annual Rooftop Tent Rally. The irony of bringing a trailer to a tent rally isn't lost on me, but none-the-less it was still a great time.

No shots of her in "basecamp mode" this time, but here are a few of her packed up in "travel mode"

IMG_4347.jpg
IMG_4352.jpg
IMG_4354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom