Tire sizes in zj trunk?

codyhaddad

Adventurist
whats the largest tire size can store on the wall of a 96 zj without folding down the rear seats (i am fine with modding the position but i still want to have the option of seat when I'm carrying more than 3 people). i know for xj its 31s (comfortably. I've seen people barely speak by with 33s). i just want to know so that i know the largest tire i can upgrade to while keeping the tire in the trunk and also to properly plan out my storage system

I could fit a 31x10.50 on a stock wheel back there. A 31x10.50 on a shallower back-spacing wouldn't work with the stock hook, but would still work in the stock location. Custom bending some all thread would work.

I could fit a 31x10.50 on a stock wheel back there. A 31x10.50 on a shallower back-spacing wouldn't work with the stock hook, but would still work in the stock location. Custom bending some all thread would work.
the hooks I'm not too worried about since i (if i want to) i could just strap it in, I'm more worried about a 33 or 35 clearing it lol

Back
Top Bottom