The Tundra Build

Lifted Adventures

Adventurist
So i bought the Tundra planning on doing an overland build.. Here are the pictures and progress so far after one year ..

I have two rules when building a truck

1. everything need to be functional with minimal impact to the truck ( cutting, drilling new holes, etc..)
2. aesthetics are optional but you need to be happy with what you drive and how it looks...

i will update this list as we go for reference:

Exterior
Color matched mirrors caps
Color matched door handles
TRD Pro Grill color matched
Shorty Antenna
Leitner designs bed rack
Leitner designs XL Gear Pods on each side of Rack
BedSlide
SnoMaster 66D Fridge/Freezer
ADD Front and Rear Bumpers
Warn Zeon Platinum 12-s Winch
Factor 55 ProLink
Factor 55 Fairlead
Alu-Cab Expedition III Roof Top Tent
Alu-Cab Awning
RCI Hi-Lift Bed rail mount
Hi-Lift Jack

Drivetrain
Nitro Gear 5.29
ARB Front and Rear Lockers

Interior
OEM style Dual Voltage gauge

Suspension
Fox 2.5 Coil-over with DSC
Fox rear 2.5 with DSC
Icon RXT Leaf Springs
Total Chaos UCA

Wheels and Tires
Fifteen 52 Traverse HD 17x8.5
Yokohama MT G003 37x12.50

Lighting and Electrical
Baja Designs S2 Sport Scene lights in Amber Rear and Side mounting
Baja Designs OnX6+, Arc Dual Control 40" Amber/White LED Light Bar
Rigid Rock Lights 4 pack
2019 OEM LED Pro headlights
Switch Pro 8100
Blue Sea switch for Mil-ACR
3 Odyssey Batteries (one main, two mounted in rear inside spare tire area)
Ram Mount Tough track for Ipad and Iphone mount
Uniden CB Radio
NOCO 10 amp on board charger via NOCO shore power (plug in grill)

Armor
RCI Front Skid Plate
RCI Mid Plate
RCI Fuel Tank Plate
RCI Rear Diff Armor
All Pro Offroad Sliders

48438316202_bf02925972_h.jpg

48368884106_f26e3d2e56_h.jpg

48369020492_917a037109_h.jpg

48368884411_c0db44b54f_h.jpg

so here we go in stock form: base model with a few options ( tow package, safety & convenience package, and OEM Nav...)

Tundra 1

Ichanged out the grill, handles, bumper ends to get rid of the chrome and also debadged the whole truck

Tundra 2

i then did the suspension and wheels and tires next

truck
tC UCA
rear shocks

then i got the truck bed liner done to prepare for the bed rack..

Tundra bed

My sliders came and got them coated to keep them as durable as possible even though i know the bottoms will be beat to hell..

Sliders_1

Then i started work on spare tire options and bed rack options .. and came up with these ..Wilco prerunner gate and Leitner designs rack

rear gate
side1
right side

finally was able to have a local fabricator build a battery box mounted in the spare tire well using the bumper bolt holes and bolts for mounting.. he also built the stainless steel tray in the engine bay for the compressor, relay, switch pro, fuse block

Battery box
Engine box

mounted the switchpro controller in the coin tray area that was not being used and mounted the relay switch also in a similar area closer to the dash

interior

Last edited:
Love the idea of the battery box. Are there any worries about exposure with the batteries there?

Under the hood looks really clean. Is the main battery under the stainless? How's the access to it and the fuse box?

Nice looking truck. Can you take a picture of the slider attachment to frame? The all pro website provides no detail.

Love the idea of the battery box. Are there any worries about exposure with the batteries there?

Under the hood looks really clean. Is the main battery under the stainless? How's the access to it and the fuse box?

Not worried about the batteries being exposed as long as I'm not in salt water than I will be fine..

The battery is under the stainless and the stainless is attached to the chassis with 6 bolts that once removed the entire plate can be moved to the side and access to the fuse box can be had... all but 1 bolt are using existing holes in the body as well.

I see that you had two different rear bumpers... What was the reason you choose one over the other??? Nice looking Tundra, just ordered a 2020 today!!

Back
Top Bottom