The Star Wars Thread

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
I have to come clean with the group here. I'm a Star Wars nerd... I saw the first film as a kid in 1977 in the theater and as dumb as it may sound, it changed my life. The technology, the story, the heroics, the chivalry... the villains. In 1977 this was all mind blowing stuff and stuck with us.

So I'm obviously super stoked to see Episode VII - so stoked I added a couple new smilies we were lacking :vader

Oh yeah, and you may have seen a variant of our American Adventurist logo floating around honoring our Rebel roots :jedi

I even heard a rumor that these may be available soon in some form or other, unless the Empire finds out about all this...

:lightsaber

REBEL-LOGOS.jpg
The_Rebel_Base.jpg

I too saw it in the theatre when I was 11 back in 1977 when my dad was teaching in Boulder Colorado. I have been enthralled ever since. But Dave, this was in a land far, far away. Can we still celebrate the travels even though that was outer space and here on AAV we only celebrate American Adventures?

I have to come clean with the group here. I'm a Star Wars nerd... I saw the first film as a kid in 1977 in the theater and as dumb as it may sound, it changed my life. The technology, the story, the heroics, the chivalry... the villains. In 1977 this was all mind blowing stuff and stuck with us.

You're not alone, I was 10yrs old in 1977 and had no idea what the movie was about, never saw a commercial but my parents took us saying "this is supposed to be a really neat movie" the opening scene blew my mind.

I may not have seen it back in '77 , but I'm a fan as well. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing both trailers, I'm on board. Plus being in the prop industry has gotten all of us nerds even more out of the woodworks. We even paused the trailer and analyzed all the props and designs on each frame... :jedi No, we're not a bunch of geeks and nerds.

Awaiting the new Rebellion swag :D

I was not quite out of high school, an old gunsmith guy I hung around with some called and said "Lets go see a movie, kid". Huh? What the WTF?....OK, so lets go see a movie. "What is it?" "You'll like it". We get to the theater. "Star Wars?"

He was right. I did like it. Holy cow man!

The new trailer looks epic.

Mathew Mcconaunahey's reaction to the trailer, in character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHdQUyOunA

For the true geeks,

http://humboldt.craigslist.org/rvs/4986649886.html

Dang tie fighters are everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvDw9LRcA7I

The following vid was Death Star over San Francisco. Was good.

I guess I get to go somewhere (hoping it's all expenses paid), not a Star Wars fan at all. Saw the original as a kid, saw Jaws too. I find sharks more fascinating!

1977-half way thru college and also hooked on Star Wars. My dad had me hooked on Star Trek even earlier! Gene Roddenberry was light years ahead of them all. Can't wait for this movie. May have to break down and actually go to a theater again.

You are not alone in the universe Dave. May the force be with you..or live long and prosper. :)

Yep, I don't go to the movies anymore either but I probably will for this one.

Donate Platelets at the Red Cross every two weeks and they're very good about getting in dvd's on current movies when they are released. Doing three units every donation puts me there for 1 1/2-2 hours needles in and the little TV's with headphones to watch movies has been my source for years and years. I can't tell you the last movie I saw in a theater. Star Wars is going to have to be an exception for sure!

Okay, so I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. I remember standing in line with my parents in '77, waiting to see it. The line was so long we were down the street. We ate dinner standing in line. That started my obsession and I saw it 21 times in a movie theater. If you count TV, VHS and DVD showings, I am well over 50 viewings of this movie. Seen all the others dozens of times as well but the first always stood out as my favorite.

I so can't wait for this next one!

I guess I get to go somewhere (hoping it's all expenses paid), not a Star Wars fan at all. Saw the original as a kid, saw Jaws too. I find sharks more fascinating!

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..." :vader

-Darth Vader.... (force choke)

Back
Top Bottom