The Star Wars Thread

display.jpg

It also syncs up with Vader's hallway scene from Rouge 1 almost shot-for-shot.

How I spent Winter here in Ohio...

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.14.42 AM.png

I saw the original three when they were released in the theaters (Episode IV was one of Deb's and my first dates!), and then watched them again just before the release of Episode I. So I hadn't watched them in over 20 years, and then watched and forgot the last three online.

Watching The Mandalorian episode with Ahsoka Tano got me curious, since I didn't remember her and people seemed happy she was in the show. That led to various lists of how to watch everything, and I settled on the above as seemingly the most complete (although apparently not the favored order.) Watching the animated stuff filled a bunch of holes for me. But I couldn't bear to watch the Ewoks. Once when they were originally on TV was more than enough...

Now I'm eager for the new stuff to arrive! :)

How I spent Winter here in Ohio...

View attachment 55573

I saw the original three when they were released in the theaters (Episode IV was one of Deb's and my first dates!), and then watched them again just before the release of Episode I. So I hadn't watched them in over 20 years, and then watched and forgot the last three online.

Watching The Mandalorian episode with Ahsoka Tano got me curious, since I didn't remember her and people seemed happy she was in the show. That led to various lists of how to watch everything, and I settled on the above as seemingly the most complete (although apparently not the favored order.) Watching the animated stuff filled a bunch of holes for me. But I couldn't bear to watch the Ewoks. Once when they were originally on TV was more than enough...

Now I'm eager for the new stuff to arrive! :)
Ahsoka is a main character in the Clone Wars animated series. Anakin's Padawan. The new series could be great.

Ahsoka is a main character in the Clone Wars animated series. Anakin's Padawan. The new series could be great.

Yep, that's what I meant when I said the animated shows really filled in a lot of holes for me. Now one of my favorite characters. :)

I've heard the "What's your favorite Star Wars movie?" online and in person a lot over the past 40 years, and to me the answer was always Episode IV. Mostly because it was so new and different at the time. Disney's Black Hole a couple of years later looked terribly outdated after having already seen Start Wars. But now, after watching probably close to 100 hours of movies, shows, and animation, I was somewhat disappointed in the original trilogy when I got to it in the order above. At the time, it was spectacular; now, not so much. :(

Now for me, the answer to my favorite, as a whole, is Star Wars: The Clone Wars seven seasons! Yea, surprised me, too. Especially as how I really disliked it at first because I can suspend belief at sci-fi stuff, but crashing a ship at 400 MPH and getting out, or jumping off of a 30 story building and nailing the "hero landing" was eye-rolling. But the overall story, character development, etc. won out, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Weird.

It's interesting how the creators of Clone Wars intentionally made Ahsoka very hateable at the beginning of the series because the creators knew Star Wars fans would hate the introduction of a new character associated with Canon characters like Anakin and Kenobi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom