The Star Wars Thread

Local theater had tickets available this morning for Rise of Skywalker....loved it! The critics are complaining it moved too fast and there was too much fan service. I agree there were scenes I wanted to be longer and expanded on. As far as fan service, hell yeah there's a ton of it and I loved all of it!

IMG_20191224_010148.jpg

Unlike a majority of you all, I did not enjoy Rise of Skywalker. Small bits were good, but overall, I was very disappointed. Entertained? Yes at some point, but was expecting a lot more.

Unlike a majority of you all, I did not enjoy Rise of Skywalker. Small bits were good, but overall, I was very disappointed. Entertained? Yes at some point, but was expecting a lot more.

I get that. I think, for the most part, the entire “space opera” theme went in different directions when Disney bought the rights. For one thing, there was a LOT of “social engineering” woven into the last couple movies, and I attribute that to Disney more than to it being a “sign of the times”.

The reason I enjoyed it is because I’ve come to accept all the Disneyfication - better than no Star Wars but still not what it could have been. But that can be said of most anything I guess :dunno

I get that. I think, for the most part, the entire “space opera” theme went in different directions when Disney bought the rights. For one thing, there was a LOT of “social engineering” woven into the last couple movies, and I attribute that to Disney more than to it being a “sign of the times”.

The reason I enjoyed it is because I’ve come to accept all the Disneyfication - better than no Star Wars but still not what it could have been. But that can be said of most anything I guess :dunno

Add on the fact with myriad of questions left open just to make the story. I left yearning more considering the multitude of side stories that could be.

Add on the fact with myriad of questions left open just to make the story. I left yearning more considering the multitude of side stories that could be.

I’d bet they left much of that open in case they want to make more spin offs like Solo and Mando

Having watched the Rise of Skywalker and the Mandalorian, all I can say is I really wish Favreau could have directed the Thrawn Trilogy rather than the XII, IIX, IX we got.

Back
Top Bottom