The Random Thoughts Thread

Headline I saw today:

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Launch Edition Priced Higher Than Ram 1500 TRX

$73,500 without freight. Granted it's a V8 with all the Rubicon goodies, but come on.

97BCBB9D-178A-4642-B0B1-BB77C687FFEE.jpeg
EA8DE717-02F9-4DB4-AFE4-51503A5483BB.jpeg

I volunteer with the Red Rock Forest District, stacking rocks is viewed as graffiti. I have knocked over so many stacks of rocks I have lost count.

In Ft. Myers this week and saw some interesting vehicles as I pulled into my hotel:

IMG_8157.JPG

The 2022? Grand Cherokee L. Not bad looking. Grabbed a couple shots of the one remaining test mule on the walk back from dinner:

IMG_8167.JPG

IMG_8168.JPG

IMG_8169.JPG

I'd still buy an XJ over a new Grand Cherokee. However, If I were in the market for an SUV this size with a 3rd row this would probably be top of the list. Much better looking than the offerings from the other manufacturers. For Florida visits though you can't beat rentals like the one I currently have:

1615422267105.png

Attachments

• 1615422247727.png
    1615422247727.png
    527.8 KB · Views: 50
It’s the best time of the year..:

View attachment 56291

The rhubarb is ready!
Mmmmm! I just made 8 quarts of rhubarb sauce yesterday. I tried something different with part of it, using the old immersion blender for a few seconds. It is weird in that it tastes like rhubarb sauce but is the consistency of applesauce. :confused:
I wish Rhubarb was easier to find out here
I had an old neighbor once here in Maine who grew rhubarb back by her shed. She called me one spring.

"Now, you're a handy fella" she said. "My back screen door's come all undone. How much you think you'd have to chahge me to put it right?"

"You like to bake, Eva?" I asked.

"Why sure! What would ya like?"

"How about I come fix your door this afternoon. Then when you've got rhubarb stalks ready to pull I'll get some fresh peaches. If you'll bake me a Peach-Rhubarb cobbler, we'll call it even."

Nothing quite like fresh rhubarb. The church ladies are holding their garden sale next door this weekend. The best part is always the table with pies and cobblers. You can bet I'll be helping them set up so I can grab the strawberry rhubarb pie quick as they set it out.

At one point I was going to start doing some stuff on YouTube. We have a channel set up. It seemed like the thing to do.

But I gotta say, most (90%+) of the stuff I’m seeing from overland hucksters on YT is “cringy” as my daughter would say. I’m glad I didn’t become another one of those “personalities”. I think they’ll look back on some of these vids and cringe.

Now, @Haggis will be along any moment with a soap box to wax poetic about what a big time influencer I am and blah blah yadda yadda…

I eschew all such such nonsense. I’m still doing me same as 10 years ago. Just not dragging around as much crap.

;)

At one point I was going to start doing some stuff on YouTube. We have a channel set up. It seemed like the thing to do.

But I gotta say, most (90%+) of the stuff I’m seeing from overland hucksters on YT is “cringy” as my daughter would say. I’m glad I didn’t become another one of those “personalities”.

:coffee

I've been enjoying Go4x4's most recent videos lately. No talking personalities, no overland trends and nothing done just for "The 'Gram". Just good scenery, the sounds of nature and a dog. I've often thought of I ever put anything on YouTube it would be in a similar style to prevent the cringe.

But I gotta say, most (90%+) of the stuff I’m seeing from overland hucksters on YT is “cringy” as my daughter would say. I’m glad I didn’t become another one of those “personalities”. I think they’ll look back on some of these vids and cringe.

Now, @Haggis will be along any moment with a soap box to wax poetic about what a big time influencer I am and blah blah yadda yadda…

I eschew all such such nonsense. I’m still doing me same as 10 years ago. Just not dragging around as much crap.

;)

I quit watching most/all of those people on YT. Especially the sponsored ones.

I'm car camping - like I have been for almost 40 years...

Back
Top Bottom