The Random Thoughts Thread

They should just ban gas cans completely because of the danger. Same idea as banning restaurants. In CA, they have passed a law banning gas tanks in cars in a few years so why not get started with gas cans now?

Crazy stuff right?

:crazy

Woke up this morning to an unexpected snow storm. Eight inches of fluffy powder cover the steps when I went to leave early o’clock this morning. Hopped in the Mouser and pulled out onto the unplowed road and headed to work. Last night it was wet so a layer of ice was under all the snow, the roads conditions were horrible. The truck rolled through fine until I came around the sharp bend a mile up from the house and was greeted by 3 vehicles all dropped into the deep ditches of the road. Two on the left one in the right.

The one on the right had been heading the same direction as me, but was now leaning it’s passenger side against the ditch bank and both it’s driver side tires had significant air under them. The frame was on the ground. It also happened to be a crew cab, long bed diesel Super Duty. It’s owner flagged me down and said “Hey, you got a winch can you pull me out?”

Let’s see here. A little Tacoma with a 9000lbs winch. A Super Duty that was probably at least 2.5 times the weight of the truck. Body panels laying against the bank and a frame on the ground. Oh, yes, there’s ice under the snow on the road. “Hell no, but I can take you to where there’s cell phone service so you can call a wrecker service.”

I was told to go, well do bad things to myself. Folks need to curb their expectations a wee bits.

My gas dryer stopped heating. After disassembly & hitting all of the respective switches, ignitor, fuses, etc. with a multi-meter, I realized that reaching into repair an appliance is like reaching elbow deep into a box of razor blades. Or, at 53 years old, do I now have old-peoples skin?:oops:

My gas dryer stopped heating. After disassembly & hitting all of the respective switches, ignitor, fuses, etc. with a multi-meter, I realized that reaching into repair an appliance is like reaching elbow deep into a box of razor blades. Or, at 53 years old, do I now have old-peoples skin?:oops:

Well you made it to 53 before getting that. I started that crap in 2019 at 51. I bought some arm sleeves which greatly reduce this problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07982K3C5

If you don't bleed it's not really fixed. And yes, inside any appliance or electronic item these days is a box of razor blades.

Anybody like airplanes?

Here's a short video of an interview with a designer of the A-10 - A-10 video

It's about 5 minutes long, and very interesting.

Thanks for sharing. As a kid, we would sneak thru the woods into the Target area of Warren Grove Air Station (N.J.) and watch A-10's blow holes in old tanks, busses, trucks, etc. We would then dig thru the sand to find the rounds. Looking back, probably the best I ever tried at getting shot!

As a kid, we would sneak thru the woods into the Target area of Warren Grove Air Station (N.J.) and watch A-10's
Wow, that made me feel old! When I was a kid, we'd watch the latest crop of military jets testing and flying low level runs through the Madriver Valley in west-central Ohio. They were flying from Lockbourne, Rickenbacker, and Wright Patterson, the latter of which is the only one still around. Legendary names like the F-104 Starfighter, F-105 Thunderchief, A-4 Skyhawk, and the occasional old at the time F-86 Sabre.

Furniture vibrating from sonic booms was an almost everyday occurrence; especially with whatever new toy Wright Pat was testing. Amazing times!

I remember a time in the early ‘80s we were in a sunken goose blind in a cornfield out in the Eastern Shore of Maryland hunting when a couple of A-10’s buzzed over our heads nape of the earth style. The ground vibrated and even being pretty much in the ground their passing tossed us around a bit. They banked and made another pass and it was one of the coolest plane encounters any of us have ever had.

Humanity just put another robot on Mars. So freaking cool.

1613681924060.png

Screenshot_2021-02-18 Watch NASA’s Perseverance Rover Land on Mars .png

Back
Top Bottom