The Random Thoughts Thread

Never google Chainsaw Kickback Injury. You've been warned.

What’s funny is that during the 10 years I worked in the timber industry with a chainsaw in my hands, most of them 044 or bigger with at least a 32 inch bar, not once did I ever have a saw “kick back” or lose control of it.

Had an old timer tell me long ago, work the saw or it will work you. No truer words were ever spoken.

I see people putting 37-38 inch tires on a Gladiator or Wrangler and saying “it don’t need no regear, it’s great with that 8 speed trans”

:bs

I had 35’s on my JL. Anything bigger and I never would have seen 8th gear again. These people pushing that BS are smoking dope.

I see people putting 37-38 inch tires on a Gladiator or Wrangler and saying “it don’t need no regear, it’s great with that 8 speed trans”

:bs

I had 35’s on my JL. Anything bigger and I never would have seen 8th gear again. These people pushing that BS are smoking dope.
They will be replacing a lot of, steering gear, drive shafts, suspension, etc. You cannot fix stupid, but you can make money fixing their stuff.

The JL did not do so well in the small overlap frontal crash test (Drivers side tested). Twice. It flipped. It did do well in other test configurations.

That‘s why they sell those windshield stickers that say, “If you can read this flip me over.”

Rigid flush mounts came in yesterday. The Curt 7 pin jumper harness earlier this week. I'll probably start working on the wiring harness for rear lights this weekend. Thinking of adding a switch so I can manually turn on the floods as well as being triggered by reverse lights.

Old, worn out, "I'm a serious overlander", and tired: Another map on their vehicle and post a pic of it on Facebook.

Well played sir: It was the Goonies treasures map.

What is this madness! I've added weight and my gas mileage went up. I started using mid-grade gasoline but that can account for this. I was getting about 15/16 mpg before.The only thing I can think of that can explain it is that the addition of the rear bumper changed the weight distribution from 53%/47% front/rear to 45%/55% front/rear.

This is sitting on the exit ramp at the light off interstate 270.
IMG_20200516_211557.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom