The Random Thoughts Thread

^^^^Dave, I think you would be surprised how clean they get the area after the event.

IMHO, it should be clean during the event, if everyone was doing their part and being responsible. It really shouldn't require cleaning after the event....

The fact that the crowds trash the place and litter everywhere requiring Tread Lightly! or anyone to do a “daily cleanup” tells me everything I need to know about the mindset and the demographic.

Seriously. Tread Lightly was out there this year with volunteers cleaning up. Every. Day. Because people suck.

It’s just not my scene and never will be.

^^^^Truth...sadly, we all know the reality of the situation.

Yes we do. We have stereotypes for a reason and unfortunately this is the stereotype that the rock crawling scene has earned.

It’s too bad because after all the legal battles over Johnson Valley and everything else, in the end the main user group is their own worst enemy.

Can you imagine?

C8361B49-1ADC-4C53-9A0E-8270C441C379.jpeg

I am listening to The Truck Show Podcast and they are interviewing the designers of the new 2020 Chevy Silverado HD trucks. One of the things they just mentioned is that the new 6.6l Gas motor does not have a dipstick as it is not necessary for the consumer to check oil levels. They think that the mileage-based calculations for when to change the oil are sufficient. I know they are not the first vehicle to do this, especially in the car market, but I can't help but think this is a bad idea.

I am listening to The Truck Show Podcast and they are interviewing the designers of the new 2020 Chevy Silverado HD trucks. One of the things they just mentioned is that the new 6.6l Gas motor does not have a dipstick as it is not necessary for the consumer to check oil levels. They think that the mileage-based calculations for when to change the oil are sufficient. I know they are not the first vehicle to do this, especially in the car market, but I can't help but think this is a bad idea.

The real reason? Probably "cost savings" on that engine... gotta cost GM at least $9.99 in parts to have a dipstick on an engine.

Worth attempting Death Valley, most of the routes I'm seeing are indicating "Closed"....

Paved/Frontcountry Roads:

• Scotty's Castle Road/North Highway: CLOSED into Grapevine Canyon (Bonnie Claire Road) due to flood damage. No access to Scotty's Castle or NV-267.
    • This does NOT affect access to Ubehebe Crater, Racetrack Road, or Big Pine Road: OPEN from Hwy 190 north to Ubehebe Crater Road.
  • Lower Wildrose Road & Emigrant Canyon Road: CLOSED
  • Upper Wildrose Road: CLOSED beyond Charcoal Kilns due to snow and ice.
Unpaved/Backcountry Roads:

• Mosaic Canyon Road: CLOSED until 6/30/19 due to road construction.
  • Westside Road: CLOSED
  • Big Pine / Death Valley Road: CLOSED
  • Titus Canyon Road: CLOSED
  • South Pass and North Pass into Saline Valley: CLOSED
  • Eureka Valley Road: CLOSED

I'm having withdrawals at work today...I should be at the King of the Hammer's! First time we've missed one in years.
Sorry to here this ! Seems like it just keeps growing. I wanted to ask if the DustJunkies lost their awning early in the week with the big winds, I saw the orange in the usual corner but no awning. Hope all is well with you and Machelle.

The fact that the crowds trash the place and litter everywhere requiring Tread Lightly! or anyone to do a “daily cleanup” tells me everything I need to know about the mindset and the demographic.

Seriously. Tread Lightly was out there this year with volunteers cleaning up. Every. Day. Because people suck.

It’s just not my scene and never will be.
To each their own, 50 to 60,000 folks were there and had a good time...it only take a few to trash the place though, Where I wondered, I didn't see the desert being trashed... Hammertown was crowded but clean. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom