The Random Thoughts Thread

I walked in to the boss' office and resigned this morning. First time I've ever done that. I start my new job at the Ford dealership in Escondido on Thursday, looking forward to it.

More $$$, but the biggest thing is I'll be a half hour each way closer to my house/trailer. I'll be dealing with Fleet/Commercial truck service. That comes with it's own set of headaches, but I don't have to listen to people complain about how their trip was ruined because a DVD player quit working!

I walked in to the boss' office and resigned this morning. First time I've ever done that. I start my new job at the Ford dealership in Escondido on Thursday, looking forward to it.

More $$$, but the biggest thing is I'll be a half hour each way closer to my house/trailer. I'll be dealing with Fleet/Commercial truck service. That comes with it's own set of headaches, but I don't have to listen to people complain about how their trip was ruined because a DVD player quit working!
Ha, now that I'm back at AEP, maybe you'll see some of my work pass through there!

Congrats on your new job!

Thanks Mitch. It's been a tough year...we sold the house moved into the trailer in Escondido, I was 15 minutes from work...Machelle broke her collar bone at the Baja 1000, two surgeries...I get home from the Baja 500 in June, first day back to work, I get the option of termination or resignation! I find a new job, but it's a 45 minute commute each way as long as there are no accidents (Mission Bay). Out of no where I get a phone call asking me to come to work at the Ford store in Escondido...I couldn't say yes fast enough!

@Mitch I didn't know you had gone back to work. My cell phone is still my work phone, any help you might need with a Ford product, I'm your Huckleberry!

Yeah...they said once they receive the information from DFAS (CG Personnel Center in my case), it takes about 12 months. They "may get to mine quicker" since I've been waiting so long already, but I'm really pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Already had my Congressman involved - the VA basically told him that's how it goes.

Yeah...they said once they receive the information from DFAS (CG Personnel Center in my case), it takes about 12 months. They "may get to mine quicker" since I've been waiting so long already, but I'm really pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Already had my Congressman involved - the VA basically told him that's how it goes.
I'm really sorry to hear that... but patience... you'll get it taken care of. :thumbsup

Thanks Mitch. It's been a tough year...we sold the house moved into the trailer in Escondido, I was 15 minutes from work...Machelle broke her collar bone at the Baja 1000, two surgeries...I get home from the Baja 500 in June, first day back to work, I get the option of termination or resignation! I find a new job, but it's a 45 minute commute each way as long as there are no accidents (Mission Bay). Out of no where I get a phone call asking me to come to work at the Ford store in Escondido...I couldn't say yes fast enough!

@Mitch I didn't know you had gone back to work. My cell phone is still my work phone, any help you might need with a Ford product, I'm your Huckleberry!
The universe speaks in mysterious ways! I'm glad everything is working out for the better though! Congrats on the new gig!

A Honda Ridgeline we can live with?

0e5104cf-h.jpg

...actually, its a SEMA show vehicle based off of a Ridgeline, no production plans...

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/hondas-rugged-open-air-vehicle-concept-is-an-off-road-dream-machine

^^^^ This is true. Angry eyes, cranky pants, zombie eyes, overly-hopped glassy eyes, pouty-sexy eyes... I've seen them all. :D

somewhat interesting video from Edmunds testing the Honda Ridgeline and comparison with the Tacoma and Titan in Death Valley. All 3 vehicles having shock issues enroute to the racetrack on the notoriously bad washboard. One of the last times I was out there I was leading a Brand New F350 with less than 1500 miles that had a similar failure. It is a good reminder that just because you can drive at speed on a road, does not mean you should.

The story that goes with it at Edmunds

somewhat interesting video from Edmunds testing the Honda Ridgeline and comparison with the Tacoma and Titan in Death Valley. All 3 vehicles having shock issues enroute to the racetrack on the notoriously bad washboard. One of the last times I was out there I was leading a Brand New F350 with less than 1500 miles that had a similar failure. It is a good reminder that just because you can drive at speed on a road, does not mean you should.

The story that goes with it at Edmunds

Very interesting.

Maybe manufacturers should include a "Factory ARB" air compressor with their upgraded "off road" suspension packages...you know, for inflating pool rafts, footballs, and such? ;)

HA!
I drove a rented Infiniti SUV down that road and back without any issues.
Of course I was probably driving slower than these guys...

Back
Top Bottom