The Random Dose of FUNNY Thread

13529065_10154372916999617_3091610014277573141_n.png

Caught Cheating?

A woman finds her hubby in bed with a female midget!:eek: furious, she screams:eek: 'You promised you wouldn't cheat again!' :mad:Husband says 'Can't you see I've cut down?!':D

^^^^

Thanks for posting the pic for me Dave, couldn't figure out ho to do it.

Secondary shock absorber is to fine tune the suspension, they use them like that on Trophy Trucks. It also kind of acts like a hydraulic bumpstop to keep the spear point steel bumpstop from piercing my axle housing. I used a stainless bolt and a nylock with some oversize washers to hold it all together. I went with stainless because it's got the best corrosion resistance. I can't take the credit for the design, some dudes on the interweb told me about it.

The math for the link suspension from the website I used was a little much for me. I was able to talk to my son's "core" math teacher about it. She assured me that "close enough" would be just fine as long as the thought process was correct.

The u-bolt mount on top of the differential was my idea. I doubt you can tell, but it was left over from when I took the leafsprings off. I just cut the threads off the ends to make it look custom. The u-bolt does two things, I'm going to use it for a limit strap mount. I found an old nylon belt with brass ferrules, I'm going to use that for an "adjustable" limit strap. I looked into it, that's kind of the same material that they use on Trophy Trucks. The second thing is it'll act as a stiffener. I think I might have gone just a touch light on the angle irons I welded together to make the square section tubing for the upper link mounts. I used a 3/8" grade 8 bolt for the links, I read they are the toughest. They were more expensive, but I figured I'd step up for the best, no sense in cutting corners at this point!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
^^^^

Thanks for posting the pic for me Dave, couldn't figure out ho to do it.

Secondary shock absorber is to fine tune the suspension, they use them like that on Trophy Trucks. It also kind of acts like a hydraulic bumpstop to keep the spear point steel bumpstop from piercing my axle housing. I used a stainless bolt and a nylock with some oversize washers to hold it all together. I went with stainless because it's got the best corrosion resistance. I can't take the credit for the design, some dudes on the interweb told me about it.

The math for the link suspension from the website I used was a little much for me. I was able to talk to my son's "core" math teacher about it. She assured me that "close enough" would be just fine as long as the thought process was correct.

The u-bolt mount on top of the differential was my idea. I doubt you can tell, but it was left over from when I took the leafsprings off. I just cut the threads off the ends to make it look custom. The u-bolt does two things, I'm going to use it for a limit strap mount. I found an old nylon belt with brass ferrules, I'm going to use that for an "adjustable" limit strap. I looked into it, that's kind of the same material that they use on Trophy Trucks. The second thing is it'll act as a stiffener. I think I might have gone just a touch light on the angle irons I welded together to make the square section tubing for the upper link mounts. I used a 3/8" grade 8 bolt for the links, I read they are the toughest. They were more expensive, but I figured I'd step up for the best, no sense in cutting corners at this point!:rolleyes:
Any plans to truss the axle?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

^^^^Damnit man, are you stalking me?

I got a pimpin' stereo from a Radio Shack close out sale, needed something to power the amp. My truck only has a single 30amp alternator (and they are cheap), I can do a triple bank of them instead of upgrading to just one high output alternator. The other advantage is triple redundancy, less chance of anything going wrong! I was going to do finished edges on the cut, decided against it...the sharp edges will keep the thieves from messing with it. Didn't mean to leave a picture of grandma's garden clippers in the picture, that's what I DIDN'T use to make the cut, just in case she comes down to the basement and my computer is on.

Oh and the stereo, it's the same vintage as my rear axle...that helps when I'm at the parts store and they ask me "what year is it"! Anyway, I got the stereo (it has an 8-track, not sure what that is, makes a great sandwich warmer though) and some vintage Jensen Tri-ax speakers, they were the most popular back in the day. I'm going to put a monster amp in (that's why I need the alternators) it so I can play music for the WHOLE camp!

Back
Top Bottom