The Random Dose of FUNNY Thread

Don't belittle three inches of snow. There are parts of this country where three inches of snow causes civilization to grind to a halt.

Friend of mine used to work for IBM here in upstate NY. IBM sent him down to North Carolina on a temporary assignment for six weeks in Nov-Dec one year. He gets up one morning and there's like a quarter inch of snow. He drives in to work, the roads are empty, no other traffic on them. The parking lot at the IBM plant is empty. He walks up to the doors and finds them locked. As he's tugging on them, a security guard sees him and comes over. He tells Stan the plant is closed. Stan is like"Closed? What is it, a Confederate Holiday or something?" And the guard responds: "Are you crazy? It SNOWED last night!"

Yes, snow finally makes it’s late appearance for this season of winter. Be on the lookout for copious amounts of “snow wheeling” pics on social media. Usually it’s some guy with his lights on valiantly treading three inches of snow.

The term around these parts is "Sno-Mo-Trucking"!

Last edited:
Don't belittle three inches of snow. There are parts of this country where three inches of snow causes civilization to grind to a halt.

Friend of mine used to work for IBM here in upstate NY. IBM sent him down to North Carolina on a temporary assignment for six weeks in Nov-Dec one year. He gets up one morning and there's like a quarter inch of snow. He drives in to work, the roads are empty, no other traffic on them. The parking lot at the IBM plant is empty. He walks up to the doors and finds them locked. As he's tugging on them, a security guard sees him and comes over. He tells Stan the plant is closed. Stan is like"Closed? What is it, a Confederate Holiday or something?" And the guard responds: "Are you crazy? It SNOWED last night!"

Why not? Those of us down here would rather go play in the snow than go to work!

FB_IMG_1547408836731.jpg

Must be nice. Up here, we get 18 inches of snow and they expect us to still fight our way in to work.
Sucks to be you... next time get a job with a US Government Agency. :D

Depending upon where you work at just the threat of heavy traffic can shut a place down; or protest/demonstration; or an inch of snow; or my favorite - VVA's Rolling Thunder. :thumbsup

When I lived in Vermont and worked in New Hampshire they would plow the roads in this order: City, County, Interstate. This meant that I would be able to get out of the town of St. Johnsbury VT only to find the interstate to Littleton, NH covered in snow. My boss and I would race each other to work at 15 mph. I don't remember a single day where anyone said there was too much snow to get to work.

I do remember the plow drivers would drop their blade in the parking lot of the building I worked in and it would set off the glass break sensors on the security alarm. Loved those phone calls at 3am.

At my employment, people call off or whine incessantly about snow storms. We often have too much snow for people to come to work. I have never in 30 years seen enough snow for people to say it was too dangerous to leave work to go home.

Back when I ran a storehouse at a state facilility, I had access to mattresses, blankets, pillows, and everything else I needed to spend a comfortable night. There was a diesel stand-by generator there, too. I had personal contingency plans to spend the night in my office, if I needed to, but things never got that bad.

3". o_O I survived the Chicago blizzard of '79. Look that monster of a storm up in your spare time. Feet, not inches of snow.

Boom, 35” tires; front and rear lockers; aggressive all terrains...check that they’re Falken Ats...middling all terrains; 80 lbs of recovery gear versus 1.5” of frozen Midwest death. Meanwhile the soccer mom driving by in her Mazda CX-5 is wondering what the tall dude with the IPhone in his hand is doing parked in the grass.
:worms;)

Boom, 35” tires; front and rear lockers; aggressive all terrains...check that they’re Falken Ats...middling all terrains; 80 lbs of recovery gear versus 1.5” of frozen Midwest death. Meanwhile the soccer mom driving by in her Mazda CX-5 is wondering what the tall dude with the IPhone in his hand is doing parked in the grass.

Laughing so hard the front desk of the hotel just called to say my neighbors are complaining.

I’ll have you know since I switched to synthetic lines and shackles, my recovery gear weighs no more than 30 lbs. max ;)

Back
Top Bottom