The One in a Trillion Shot

osprey-shark-fish-doc-jon-fstoppers.jpg

https://fstoppers.com/originals/photographer-captures-food-chain-one-trillion-shot-245156

"The fun part for me is some people are commenting that it's Photoshopped, and obviously, those people don't know the limitations of Photoshop,"
Doc Jon has, obviously, never met someone who knows how to use Photoshop. :D

I'm not saying it is or isn't a photochop, but I've created more than a few undetectable 'chops under far more difficult conditions.

You practically have to be a trained forensic scientist to be able to prove or disprove a really GOOD Photoshopped image these days. (The bad ones are easily spotted, of course.)

I will say that the fact that he's got other images of the Osprey taken at a different angle tends to make me believe that he really did just get lucky - just in the right place at the right time.

osprey-shark-fish-doc-jon-fstoppers_3_0.jpg

That must have been a hell of an impact when the osprey snatched the fish, looks like it broke the spine on the fish.

What am I missing? It’s a cool shot and all but a raptor carrying prey is a fairly common photo. Is there something that makes it more rare that I’m not noticing?

What am I missing? It’s a cool shot and all but a raptor carrying prey is a fairly common photo. Is there something that makes it more rare that I’m not noticing?

In addition, unless my screen is doing something weird with the pixels, it seems to be low quality photo

Sort of on topic, during my time in Kodiak, Alaska I saw a total of THREE cats being carried away by bald eagles.

I still don't know if I'm supposed to be laughing or crying...it was humorous yet...okay nevermind. I don't like cats. That sh!t was funny. :)

In addition, unless my screen is doing something weird with the pixels, it seems to be low quality photo

There's nothing particularly unusual about that. Most professional photographers, who often shoot raw, will post only low resolution jpegs on websites, while retaining high resolution tiffs or psds for other uses. Far too many people just steal pictures from the web. Why give them the good stuff?

Good chance it was taken from a long ways off and cropped to just show the animals then blown up so you lose the resolution of the original photo.

Back
Top Bottom