The I4WDTA

Interesting article. The article mentions Jim Allen, a name I've not seen in a long time. Does anyone know if he's still around?

If one wanted to get certified would you recommend lots of organized classes first because the certification class expects you to have the majority of your knowledge first or is the certification process a setup where they teach you everything their way and then you test on it?

Getting hard to find anyone that does training classes for individuals anymore. Seems most only want corporate trainees.

Or military and law enforcement.
That's fairly accurate and it is a busy market segment providing driving and recovery training to corporate, military, and other government agency customers, much busier than you might imagine. Some of our members work routinely with the automotive manufacturer, automotive product and aftermarket industry routinely; even the motion picture industry. Smart consumers appreciate that this training reduces overall operational risk and preserves valuable equipment. Privacy concerns prevent me from explaining more on this forum. You may not get rich, but you will create memories and a high level of personal satisfaction.

Where do you live? Perhaps I can help direct you to a certified trainer in your vicinity.

Another option is to coordinate your desired vacation location (e.g., Moab) for a trip to explore, in conjunction with an organized trip or scheduled personal training session. Many of our Certified Trainers have businesses in those high-demand areas already and would be happy to include your vacation plans along with your desire for more advanced training.

Last edited:
If one wanted to get certified would you recommend lots of organized classes first because the certification class expects you to have the majority of your knowledge first or is the certification process a setup where they teach you everything their way and then you test on it?
That is true Brett. "Testing for Certification" (TFC) assumes that the Candidate Trainer has the requisite skills to perform as a trainer. However, working with a Certified Trainer as an "apprentice", or participating in organized training classes from an I4WDTA Certified Trainer ensures you're receiving the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully complete the TFC. Many of the trips and experiences you've performed, I believe, have put you in a good position to advance along that pathway.

That is true Brett. "Testing for Certification" (TFC) assumes that the Candidate Trainer has the requisite skills to perform as a trainer. However, working with a Certified Trainer as an "apprentice", or participating in organized training classes from an I4WDTA Certified Trainer ensures you're receiving the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully complete the TFC. Many of the trips and experiences you've performed, I believe, have put you in a good position to advance along that pathway.

Great info thank you. I figured this was a common question and of course I was also curious for my own knowledge as it is something I want to pursue.

Now if I just someone local to tap into. Hmmm

Great info thank you. I figured this was a common question and of course I was also curious for my own knowledge as it is something I want to pursue.

Now if I just someone local to tap into. Hmmm
I'd wait till @Dave returns to Southern California. He's going to need your Tacoma to recover his Jeep when it gets stuck or breaks down on the trail anyway. :rofl

B5EC2A01-5B24-4C9A-8C96-F75A51385AA9.png

Back
Top Bottom