The First Aid Kit Thread

Someone sent me a link to one of the Mymedic kits and ask me if it was worth buying. Hmm, $20 Condor bag and $20-30 worth of stuff? I should have started making first aid kits.

Truth.

I will say this though, their stuff is VERY well thought out and their marketing is first rate. Their MyFAK kit is a good option for those seeking a complete, off the shelf kit that's not priced out of reach.

Truth.

I will say this though, their stuff is VERY well thought out and their marketing is first rate. Their MyFAK kit is a good option for those seeking a complete, off the shelf kit that's not priced out of reach.

We should have started a business to fund our travel habits. :jeep

Check your stocks and verify your contents at least twice a year, especially before a big trip!

86FFE2DD-BA2D-4660-8BE9-D6AD1545B190.jpeg
3B75901C-2D66-4FA1-89D5-CAEEE0C7BCBC.jpeg
CE6BFF6E-A3B5-4F45-A8CF-3CDF27172C14.jpeg
FC04EDB5-81D3-40B3-A469-6518F1641C68.jpeg

Check your stocks and verify your contents at least twice a year, especially before a big trip!

View attachment 55252View attachment 55254View attachment 55256View attachment 55257
Yes'r! Expiration dates and sneaky disappearing items.

I keep a few popup flares by mine too. Kind of ignored the expiration dates but replaced recently when I realized how old they were now. Went to shoot off the old ones and every single one was a dud, and the few I tested when new worked fine. Useless by negligence

I have 3 different kits that I take some or all of depending on the kind of trip and the length. Two things I’ve added to all of them is a headlamp and a pair of reading glasses. Because bad things never happen in the dark...

I have 3 different kits that I take some or all of depending on the kind of trip and the length. Two things I’ve added to all of them is a headlamp and a pair of reading glasses. Because bad things never happen in the dark...

And reading glasses never disappear. I hate to admit it but I'm starting to realize why everyone I know that uses them has a pair on their desk, a pair on their dash, a pair in the garage, a pair in the pack, etc. I finally caved to keeping a pair in my truck- but they're just for seeing splinters, yeah, that's it, that's why I have them, not because I'm getting older.

:mike

Truth.

I agree, its a simple one stop solution, not the cheapest option. I thought it was pretty well filled and thought out. I added a few things I like to the MyFAK bag, its really tight, but fits it all. Sam splint is the only oh shit item not in the bag.

I have one in each truck. They are the oh shit bags, if you need a band aid, or IB it doesn't come out of that bag. I have a separate pelican that has normal drugs, tape, band aids etc.

Just wanted to share with you my new med kit pouch nametapes I purchased from 1800Nametapes.

I included the info in event you wanted to do the same and the total cost with shipping to me.

Once I put this new kit together I will share it with you all.

Keep in mind, I am a 20+ year Paramedic so these names may not be correct to your skillset. But these follow TCCC MARCH
20240311_214706.jpg
20240311_214830.jpg
20240311_214801.jpg
20240311_214842.jpg
20240311_214846.jpg
20240311_214849.jpg
20240311_214855.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom