The Bobcat Fire in the San Gabriel Mountains

I've got no information still! You know what I know. We are still not allowed into the Canyon to see what happened.

Thanks for touching base!

Cam

Wow, really surprised to hear they’re keeping everyone in the dark this long. Hopefully it will be all good!

Damage Inspection Report for Bobcat Fire available here:

https://lacounty.gov/recovery/damage-inspection/

Not sure where I should be looking, but I'm hoping Cam finds good news here.

Thanks for this Eric. I checked the map and it shows that no damage assessment has been done in our canyon. Based on photos taken from trailhead at Chantry Flats down into the Canyon, we can see three cabin rooftops confirming their survival.

I am getting more hopeful!

Cam

It's Mike, but not important. :D Fingers crossed for you!
Herbie is a legit nickname too, not just a screen name.

Last edited:
Most Cabin owners finally got the news about their cabins from the Forest Service. My Cabin somehow survived. A few of my best friends in the Canyon lost their cabins so I am still sad. At least 10 of the 80 cabins were totally annihilated along with a whole slew of outbuildings such as outhouses and sheds. There are several cabins that the damage assessment teams were unable to reach due to unsafe conditions on the trail so there will probably be more cabins in the :destroyed" category.

It's probably appropriate now to see some pictures of my cabin:

View of the back side of the cabin.
IMG_0005.jpg

View of the front side of the Cabin.
IMG_2901.JPG

This is the main room.
IMG_4418.jpg

My awesome wood stove
IMG_4473.jpg

This what my dear friend, Deb Burgess' cabin looks like now. She has owned this cabin for 20 years and was the owner of the Adams Pack Station for 13 years.
70 destroyed.jpg

Cam

Wow... well we’re sure glad your cabin made it Cam.

Really bittersweet considering the other losses but maybe there’s hope with so many surviving cabins and the all important pack station making it through this that maybe you can all pull together to rebuild!

Glad your cabin survived, Cam, but it has got to be tough.

Back
Top Bottom