The amazing Pocket Ref

Jonathan Hanson

Adventurist
Founding Member
Not necessarily wilderness survival, but a friend just gave me a copy of Thomas Glover's Pocket Ref, a compact 860-page book that is absolutely packed with useful information. For ten bucks there's nothing else (not even iPhone apps) that contains as much sheer knowledge.

I did a complete write-up on it here. I'll probably toss one in the glove box of every vehicle we own.

Mythbusters did a segment on that little book! They use it all the time for calculations and info, and fans were beginning to ask where to get one, so they rolled it in with their behind the scenes episode.

I've had one in the console of the truck after someone gave it to me as a gift some years back. I pull it out and flip through it whenever I find myself waiting in the truck for one reason or another.

My dad has one. The local hardware store carries them, and I have had two of them on my list for quite some time.

Yep, I've had a couple of them over the years and still keep one with my books and one in my toolbox.

I've carried one throughout my career. I'm a construction manager/inspector & always keep a spare copy handy to pass on to someone. Usually a guy that gets promoted to a foreman position. I tell people "everyone needs a copy". Also, it's a great gift. I buy em at my local Harbor Freight store.

Last bump of 2015?

I asked for - and received - this little book for Xmas this year. Figure it's basically my off-the-grid Google, right? Had heard of it before, but never connected the dots...

Not necessarily wilderness survival, but a friend just gave me a copy of Thomas Glover's Pocket Ref, a compact 860-page book that is absolutely packed with useful information. For ten bucks there's nothing else (not even iPhone apps) that contains as much sheer knowledge.

I did a complete write-up on it here. I'll probably toss one in the glove box of every vehicle we own.

@Jonathan Hanson your link is dead Sir :questions

Author has other books as well, similar in nature but this one is the best of them.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom