The 2014 SoCal Mountain Rendezvous - A story in pictures courtesy of Brent Haywood Photography

Awesome pics and looks like a great turn out and event. Sorry we missed it this year.

Brent, awesome photos! You even managed to snag a photo of my wife, who almost never sits still for such things. Thanks so much.

Well I thought I personally was in full on stealth mode but I popped up in a few photos (I need to wear woodland cammies I guess). But the rig was well concealed from the drones! Ha!

Thanks Brent for all the great photos and thanks Dave for taking the time to post.

Last edited:
Great photos as always, Brent! And I haven't even looked at mine yet.

Another fun event. Good to see everyone even although I missed a few people as always... Thanks again to Dave and his merry band of volunteers, and all of the sponsors!

Dave, I'll ask here since you seem to be posting the images on Brent's behalf. Is Brent OK with us re-posting his images to other social media portals? (with full credit to him for photos and AAV for the event, of course)

I'm thinking specifically of Google+, twitter, and the family blog we use to keep everyone up to date on how we're raising our daughter right. ;-)

Thanks All, had a great time and glad you enjoyed the pics!! Feel free to download photos of yourself.....

Dave, do you want to post that download link here somewhere?

Nicely done...all those images of happy folks outadooors almost makes up for being on the wrong coast and missing the fun.

MRV 14 was a HUGE success - thanks to all who came out and to all of our supporting sponsors who helped make this event more fun we raised nearly $3K for the BSA!!!

Well done everyone! :salute

If you need gear or parts, make sure that you support the fine sponsors who really do support our community of interest - check out their sites and say thank you by giving them your business next time you need something!

MRV14 SPONSORS.jpg

AMERICAN ADVENTURIST WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GIVE SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THIS COMMUNITY:

Dave and Tina Payne at Front Runner Outfitters
Jon and Traci Bundrant at All-Pro Offroad
Joey Tuma and Chelsea Parrett at Snow Peak
Paul May at Equipt
Mario Donovan and Martyn Davies at AT Overland
John Gish at Ursa Minor Vehicles
Alan Feld at Sportsmobile
Raquel and Gianni Donati at Triple Aught Design
Jerry L'Ecuyer at Tembo Tusk
Jonathan and Roseann Hanson at Overland Expo
Frank Ledwell at OutdoorX4 Magazine
Brian Fulton at Goose Gear