Tenkara Fly Rods

wesel123

Adventurist
Founding Member
Hey all, thinking of getting a Tenkara rod for some light and easy fly fishing on trips. Getting a bit tired of setting up a full rod and real and also being able to stow it quickly between spots.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I've pretty much watched everything I could find on the UTube.

Here in TX a lot of my buds use them and love them especially in tight creek areas. I really want one too so following this post!

interesting, I never gave this much thought since I flyfish myself. I have various size rods I take for places I go. This could be another added advantage.

Seems like you high rod quite a bit and its a 10 to 12 motion.

LOL....kind of like having one hand free. the older I get the less balance I have :D:D:D

Nice tutorial

Hey all, thinking of getting a Tenkara rod for some light and easy fly fishing on trips. Getting a bit tired of setting up a full rod and real and also being able to stow it quickly between spots.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I've pretty much watched everything I could find on the UTube.
Hi
The wife and I have one.
A nice compact rod when stored and easy to set up and use.
It works well on the narrow streams we fish in western NC and is fun to catch trout with.

Back
Top Bottom