TAT to Overland Expo East

El Coyote

Adventurist
Founding Member
http://adventuretrailers.com/blog/
We thought that our trek from the AT Overland shop inPrescott, AZ to the Overland Expo East outside of Asheville NC should be more interestingthan simply pulling an Ironman marathon on the slab of asphalt across thecountry. Instead we have decided to take the longer un-paved path, essentiallyfollowing the TransAmerica Trail that Sam Correro assembled from the maze ofback roads that weave our country together. We are waving caution to the windand ignoring Sam’s advice to not attempt the route West to East and setting offabout mid point from Monticello Utah. While Sam’s datum ends in JellicoTennessee, we have cobbled together a final section that will take us fromJellico to the Taylor Ranch in NC. Our total route is approximately 3200 miles,95% of it is unpaved back roads and trails. This ought to be fun and make forgood camp fire stories at the Overland Expo. If you happen to not be in attendancebut want to learn more, we are blogging it on our website as often as internetconnection will allow.

That is awesome! I have started to play on the "un-official" TAT in central NC - have a great trip over!

Very cool trip. I see on the blog you are leaving tomorrow. I am going to wait a week or so before heading out (my travel distance is measured in hundreds of miles). I will surely stop by at the expo and say hello.

-Andy

PS The Max Coupler is wonderful.

Wow that's awesome. Maybe a future trip in the making. I've been looking for something new, and it starts in my own back yard. Deep Derp...Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_1709 Low Res_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_1709 Low Res_edited-1.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 58
I'm thinking it'd be nice to do the TAT over near to the expo in May. I'm just not sure how well my f150 and maybe my M416 would do. Does anyone have any opinions as to this possibility?

Back
Top Bottom