Surprising pictures from our living and exploring in Panama - Photos are very graphic

Drago

Adventurist
The first picture is of an Anaconda of about 28' long and just over 400 lbs. The second and third picture is of a jaguar that had to be destroyed as it had become a man eater. If you notice the head, arms and legs had been amputated and they believe that the young man may have been murdered and that the large cat, that had come down out of the mountains, had eaten the young man. I hope that these pictures are not too graphic. We found living in Central America was very exciting and the rain forest was an incredible place to live. I wish I had the photos Ngobe Bugle Indians where they have chipped their teeth with stone then filed them to a point to make them appear like a piranha. Pictures of their teeth were difficult to get as they seldom ever smiled. The Ngobe were known for being very hostile years back. Drago - now living back in Arizona.

anaconda-16.jpg

IMG-20160311-WA0000-2.jpg

IMG-20160311-WA0001.jpg

Wow. Pictures prove that the wilderness can be a vary unforgiving place, and man is NOT always at the top of the food chain. Thanks for sharing!

The first picture is of an Anaconda of about 28' long and just over 400 lbs. The second and third picture is of a jaguar that had to be destroyed as it had become a man eater. If you notice the head, arms and legs had been amputated and they believe that the young man may have been murdered and that the large cat, that had come down out of the mountains, had eaten the young man. I hope that these pictures are not too graphic. We found living in Central America was very exciting and the rain forest was an incredible place to live. I wish I had the photos Ngobe Bugle Indians where they have chipped their teeth with stone then filed them to a point to make them appear like a piranha. Pictures of their teeth were difficult to get as they seldom ever smiled. The Ngobe were known for being very hostile years back. Drago - now living back in Arizona.

View attachment 30590

View attachment 30591

View attachment 30592

Thanks for those details @BushHead - what say you @Drago ?

:coffee

That is interesting - and the article further cites, "Shortly after that, the photo appeared in an Indonesian news article. It was described as being taken on November 1, 2012 in the Belinyu district of Indonesia’s Bangka Belitung Islands province." That's a bit of a haul from Central America! :D

Thanks for those details @BushHead - what say you @Drago ?

:coffee
Drago here, We were living for the past seven years ago in Panama until eight months ago. The photo of the snake appeared on the Panamanian news and was discovered and caught when digging the expanded Panama Canal. As for the Jaguar, it too appeared on the Panama news and the body and the cat were found in the province of Chiriquí where we were living. The photos were forwarded to us by a good friend along with the information from the Panama TV News. I have no way of knowing whether your story is true as I can only go with the information I was given. The Anaconda is native to South America and has also been found in Central America. I know way indicated that I had taken the pictures, I simply said the pictures surprising.

I'm the resident jackass, can't help but say what I think. At my age I don't have time to read EVERY word, scanning your title, I saw "our", "pics" and "Panama"...I knew I'd asked you to post some of your pics of your travels in the intro thread so I took the pics at face value, assumed you had something to do with them. (getting that flippin' hook out of my mouth is painful:rolleyes:)

I do hope we can still get some shots of your travels.

It's the interweb, no hard feelings!:cool:

No hard feelings at all. Now time for me to get ready for the upcoming expo in Flagstaff, this will be our first. Drago...........

Have a great time at Expo, we'll be south of the border soaking up some sun, sand and cerveza in San Felipe!

Back
Top Bottom