SOLD!!! 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD

RememberTheFallen

Adventurist
For Sale 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD 4WD. Low mileage at 86k. Complete Turn Key Expedition Ready Truck!

5c39fff163245a7d973c739aab291270.jpg

3.4L V6
Auto transmission
Power locks and Windows
Cruise Control
Factory E-locker
Non smoker

Was $18,900 now $17,400 one and only price drop
(roof top tent has been sold. Pictures included for reference only)

e072688a88e3f555fb2d57fa87214a35.jpg

Purchased this truck completely stock two years ago to build it into a truck I could explore the country. I spent quite a bit of time and money getting it to where it is now. The adventure plans for my wife and I have changed and we purchased a van for a long term trip. Unfortunately this means my beloved Tacoma has to go.

5e6d9e09b4c32e386553274931803087.jpg

be672cc2d4b827c9cfa708f381d159a3.jpg

d8a60db859b6c45d2ecc0eeb2f99894e.jpg

The truck has been carefully maintained by myself. It has only been in 4WD a handful of times since I have owned it and is in great condition mechanically.

Synthetic oil every 5k miles.
Air filter every other oil change.
Grease fittings greased after oil change.
Timing belt, thermostat, water pump, radiator hoses, and accessory belts just replaced and coolant system flushed at 85k miles.
New CV's, new front and rear ECGS third members with 4.88 gears @ 82k miles with diff oil change.
Transmission flush, throttle body cleaned, new fuel filter, spark plugs, and complete Tundra front brakes @70k miles.

List of other modifications;

(4) 255/85r16 Cooper ST Maxx on factory TRD wheels. 3/4 life left.
OME lift w/ Nitrocharger Sport Shocks and 882 coils.
Rear OME Leafs with overload leaf
All Pro upper A arms
All Pro U bolt flip with Timbren bump stops
Weld in 3 degree rear axle shims
Front diff spacer kit to improve CV angle
Dakota Digitial speedo recalibrator has speedometer within .5MPH
Bud Built front skid plate
Tundra 13WL calipers and rotors with stainless braided lines
ARB front bumper
PIAA 520 driving lights
All Pro rear tube bumper with drop hitch
All Pro Bedrack with Hi-lift mount and custom water can holder (2x 3gal water cans and 48" Hi-Lift included)
Blue Sea Aux Fuse Box w/ Circuit breaker
Blue Sea Aux plug wired with 10 gauge wire to back seat for ARB fridge, etc
Uniden CB mounted in ash tray slot
Kenwood front door speakers
RAAM mat and ensolite sound dampening installed in all four doors, back wall, and floor

87fad5b18cad05463d7d23081a5b24d1.jpg

95228d1a83d8a602701561d64d215699.jpg

Known issues;

Rear seat and carpet has brown stain of unknown origin
Toyota recoated frame but the undercoating has flaked off in some places. It has been repainted with POR15 as needed.
Couple small scratches and dents on body.
Chip in windshield out of line of sight of driver. Has been repaired but still visible.
Overall very good shape for a 13 year old truck.

I would be willing to deliver the truck just about anywhere for a deposit plus expenses and a plane ticket home.

I am not interested in any trades. Not selling anything off the truck separately.

Feel to ask questions or request more photos of any areas I haven't included. All pictures are current other than the few of the truck set up camping.

Thanks for looking!

Joe

Last edited:
wow! this is really clean truck you did a great job with the upgrades and upkeep with such low miles you should have no problem grabbing this thing, If I had the extra cash I would definitely get it!

wow! this is really clean truck you did a great job with the upgrades and upkeep with such low miles you should have no problem grabbing this thing, If I had the extra cash I would definitely get it!

Thank you!

Unfortunately a lot of folks are thrown off by the price but I didn't mind paying a pretty penny for it two years ago and hope to find someone else willing to do the same.

What is that little brass fitting on the intake? It seems to take the place for "the weird box". Needles to say I have spent countless hours staring at 5vz-fe engines...

Possible pcv flow into intake?

What is that little brass fitting on the intake? It seems to take the place for "the weird box". Needles to say I have spent countless hours staring at 5vz-fe engines...

Possible pcv flow into intake?

It replaces the intake sound reducer thingy. There was a line running to it so I just tapped the plug. It was "supposed" to free up a couple HP and give more throttle response like that deck plate mod on the air box. No idea if it really helps buy doesn't hurt. An yes, you stare at pictures of the 3.4 too much! Lol

Price has been lowered. I am tired of dealing with annoying questions from CL and extremely picky buyers. This new price is $1000 cheaper than when I bought it completely stock two years ago.

Wow, surprised this hasn't sold. No idea what the used Toyota market is like, seems reasonable to me.

Back
Top Bottom