Softopper and dogs?

wesel123

Adventurist
Founding Member
Hey all, in the quest for the next pickup, I'm trying to narrow down a few options for a shell.

Basically wanting a shell to carry the dogs (2 - 100 lb and 1 - 40 lb) in the back of the truck. But would also like the ability to carry my dirt bike in the rear while hauling my trailer (and not the bikes and the dogs at the same time).

I had my heart set on an ARE MX highline but was thinking that the Softopper might be an option.

Being as it's a soft top would the dogs be safe in the back? Under the assumption that I'm not rolling the truck over.

Link to Softopper website: https://www.softopper.com/softopper

We have 3 dogs also and have them in the back with the soft topper all the time. When driving they just lay down and then hop up when we stop. We really like the soft topper and its versatility. It's not as water tight as a fiberglass topper as we get a little bit of water at the front corners. I worry about them a little bit in the summer time and debate buying the back mesh panel for it.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually bought one and the dogs love it. Pinned back the sides in the front and the pups could just stick their noses out.

Back
Top Bottom