So you thought the Chevy ZR2 was awesome...

Hope they fix their airbag issue... Looks like they are leaving owners flat on their a$$
Chevrolet Colorado Side Curtain Airbags Keep Deploying On Easy Off-Road Trails

Runs $5,000 to repair if they deploy...
cyjxi6bwbodw96kcugvx.png
They did finally send out a recall to adjust the sensitivity of the rollover sensors so they don't trip when your off-roading. And from what I understand their working out an agreement with the owners who did have these blow.

Best thing about the new Bison version is that everything mechanical is the same compared to the regular ZR2, its pretty much an appearance package (bumpers, skid plates, wheels, etc.) so any owner should be able to go and order the parts they want to put on their current ZR2 or regular Chevy Colorado. I already went to the dealer and priced out the boron steel skid plates and hardware to put onto my own truck and its actually affordable to get damn near full underbody protection. I think I'll hard pass on the new bumpers though, I like my cutouts too much. CBI has a great insert for the front bumper that they've been showcasing at the Overland Expo and a few other events. They're very close to releasing it for production, so I think I'll get that instead.

CBI F-bumper ExpoWest-130125.jpg
CBI ZR2 winch bumper.jpg

Along with this functional bumper and swing out tire/gascan rack! Thank you CBI!

CBI Swing bumper closed.jpg
CBI Swing bumper open1.jpg

Overall this is a great performing truck that I love to drive on and off road, and yes, those DSSV dampners work damn well for both (unbelievable how well they transition).

Be careful of any winch bumper that you can't observe the winch line feeding back on the drum. Spool that line on one end and not realize it and you'll be buying a new line at minimum if you don't destroy the winch in the process.

Have to agree. I am amazed every time I see a winch mount without a clear view of the drum and enough access to address problems. It's as if the manufacturers have never actually used a winch.

I might have to rethink my choice of mounts then considering the arguments you present. I deal with rope and line for my job and sure as hell don't want to deal with a tangled up spool. Are there any that have a guide with a gear to spool it properly?

I've never seen a "level wind" or anything of that nature on anything non-commercial. It's not usually a big problem if you have access to the drum. but it is a common one. Particularly with synthetic cable. While better in almost every other way, it doesn't spool on as neatly as steel.

I thought the same exact thing when I saw that Colorado. I loooove a good flatbed, and those ute beds look so sharp. I really want someone to put one on an f150 so I can drool over it

Back
Top Bottom