So you thought the Chevy ZR2 was awesome...

I built one and it came out to $53,720. At that price I'd just get a Rubicon.

I bet you a dollar that dealers play the second sticker game with these as they will be rationed out to them.

Stand by for markups...

Just wait till the Rubicon version of the new Jeep pick-up comes out. I bet those Chevy's will seem like a bargain compared to what I fear that they will ask for their offering.

A second sticker game of extraordinary magnitude.
hqdefault.jpg

I just got this off of the Chevy website...upgrade parts for the ZR2...

All product listed is "NEW " to the Chevrolet Performance program:

• 84403780 - ZR2 Front Jounce Shock System
  • 84422546 - ZR2 Rear Jounce Shock System
  • 84403779 - ZR2 Cross Car Beam System
  • 84402369 - ZR2 Anti-Wrap Link System
  • 84401895 - ZR2 Rear Differential Cover
  • 84402367 - ZR2 Front Long Travel DSSV Shocks. NOTE: Does not include springs. Chevrolet performance (recommends the use of a flat ground coil over type 3" ID spring, 14" in length, with two optional rates, 650 lbs/in or 700 lbs/in.
  • 84402366 - ZR2 Rear Long Travel DSSV Shocks
  • 84402368 - ZR2 Long Travel Leaf Spring System
  • 84429026 - ZR2 1.5-inch Body Lift System
  • 84419134 - ZR2 Tie Rod Sleeve System
  • 84402363 - ZR2 High Angle Upper Control Arm Ball Joint System
  • 84429060 - ZR2 Ball Spline Half Shafts
  • 84401894 - ZR2 Steel Driveshaft
  • 84422116 - ZR2 Jounce Striker/Leaf Spring Mount System
NOTE: All product is Intended for off-road use.

I just got this off of the Chevy website...upgrade parts for the ZR2...

All product listed is "NEW " to the Chevrolet Performance program:

• 84403780 - ZR2 Front Jounce Shock System
  • 84422546 - ZR2 Rear Jounce Shock System
  • 84403779 - ZR2 Cross Car Beam System
  • 84402369 - ZR2 Anti-Wrap Link System
  • 84401895 - ZR2 Rear Differential Cover
  • 84402367 - ZR2 Front Long Travel DSSV Shocks. NOTE: Does not include springs. Chevrolet performance (recommends the use of a flat ground coil over type 3" ID spring, 14" in length, with two optional rates, 650 lbs/in or 700 lbs/in.
  • 84402366 - ZR2 Rear Long Travel DSSV Shocks
  • 84402368 - ZR2 Long Travel Leaf Spring System
  • 84429026 - ZR2 1.5-inch Body Lift System
  • 84419134 - ZR2 Tie Rod Sleeve System
  • 84402363 - ZR2 High Angle Upper Control Arm Ball Joint System
  • 84429060 - ZR2 Ball Spline Half Shafts
  • 84401894 - ZR2 Steel Driveshaft
  • 84422116 - ZR2 Jounce Striker/Leaf Spring Mount System
NOTE: All product is Intended for off-road use.

You gotta love factory designed upgrade parts!!!

I love my Zr2 diesel its been a fun platform to build on. Looking to possibly add the AEV skids and front bumper once they become available to the market as stand alone purchases. AEV states early 2019. Im usually a Japanese car guy but after test driving this I chose to go with the Zr2 over the TRD Offroad

IMG_3594

I love my Zr2 diesel its been a fun platform to build on. Looking to possibly add the AEV skids and front bumper once they become available to the market as stand alone purchases. AEV states early 2019. Im usually a Japanese car guy but after test driving this I chose to go with the Zr2 over the TRD Offroad

IMG_3594
Nice and I'm interested in following - it and the Ranger has really put the heat on Toyota and the Tacoma product line... but I sometimes look too closely at image details.

Help me out here... in the center of windshield I see what looks like the desiccated corpse of a plucked chicken, just below the rear-view mirror. I'm hopeful that isn't the case... :D

Nice and I'm interested in following - it and the Ranger has really put the heat on Toyota and the Tacoma product line... but I sometimes look too closely at image details.

Help me out here... in the center of windshield I see what looks like the desiccated corpse of plucked chicken, just below the rear-view mirror. I'm hopeful that isn't the case... :D

:keyboard

Help me out here... in the center of windshield I see what looks like the desiccated corpse of a plucked chicken, just below the rear-view mirror. I'm hopeful that isn't the case... :D
Hhahaa Nah. I am a huge LOTR fan its just a little collector's toy of Treebeard.

Well I was in town today and noticed that a local GMC dealer had a very slightly used (900 miles) ZR2 so I stopped in to take it for a spin.
The truck is definitely solid and pretty quick (had the gas engine) but there was a problem for me...

It was almost too tall to climb into! I'm 5'-9" tall and was suprised at how difficult it was...very disappointing.
I guess I could take the rock rails off and put in a set of retractable steps but that sort of defeats the purpose...

The quest continues!

@smlobx If you're seriously interested, there are a couple of manufacturers that built a rail similar to the one pictured. Provides a rock rail with step and relatively little loss of ground clearance. ici-magnum-rt-step-bars-hero.jpg

Back
Top Bottom