So you thought the Chevy ZR2 was awesome...

Update: A Chevy spokesman responded to our query with the following statement: “We’ve had a great experience collaborating with AEV on the concept vehicle we showed at last year’s SEMA show. Customer reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Beyond that, we have nothing specific to announce at present.”

This just in...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.moto...olet-colorado-zr2-aev-concept-production/amp/

5A049B57-C5E3-472A-BFF2-B6915C0BC282.jpeg

I've got $20 that says those tires don't really work in those wheel wells without rubbing...and I'm a GM guy...it is a good looking truck though.

I've got $20 that says those tires don't really work in those wheel wells without rubbing...and I'm a GM guy...it is a good looking truck though.

I’m not gonna lie. The ZR2 with the diesel and front and rear lockers (per their website) kicks the shit out of the current Tacoma. Toyota needs to wake up, between this and the Ranger they’re going to lose market share in the mid size truck segment.

Update: A Chevy spokesman responded to our query with the following statement: “We’ve had a great experience collaborating with AEV on the concept vehicle we showed at last year’s SEMA show. Customer reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. Beyond that, we have nothing specific to announce at present.”

"About a week later, Off-Road.com spoke with someone who attended GM’s recent dealer conference in Las Vegas. According to the source, Chevrolet showed dealers the production version of the Colorado ZR2 AEV concept and promised it would go on sale later this year. The truck was reportedly missing the elevated intake snorkel, expedition bed rack, and the access panel on the rear fender. Otherwise, it’s said to look almost exactly like the concept."

"About a week later, Off-Road.com spoke with someone who attended GM’s recent dealer conference in Las Vegas. According to the source, Chevrolet showed dealers the production version of the Colorado ZR2 AEV concept and promised it would go on sale later this year. The truck was reportedly missing the elevated intake snorkel, expedition bed rack, and the access panel on the rear fender. Otherwise, it’s said to look almost exactly like the concept."

Cool! The access panel was awesome tho....

I saw a truck with those shocks on it the other day, no idea how well they work. It was interesting that Chevy reshaped the bumper on that truck too to essentially give the front tires an unobstructed shot at an obstacle.

Back
Top Bottom